PDA

View Full Version : horse trainers (for the basics) in Sydney

Jane
14-02-01, 02:59 AM
Can anyone recommend a good trainer in (Southern) Sydney. A girl where I agist is having terrible trouble with her mare - the mare is very sensitive, quite frightened (when ridden) and basically running away with her head in the air all the time. I rode her yesterday for the girl and she's not impossible, just very very green and frightened but I am moving so can't help her with her - I said I'd ask the forum. She wants somebody who is very quiet and gentle - several suggestions have been passed over already.

cgh
14-02-01, 05:02 AM
Shane Everingham, Otford Valley Farm.

Ring 0242 94 2442.

Email me if you want any more details.

Cheers, :-)

SB
14-02-01, 05:26 AM
Deffinatly go for Shane at Otford as cgh suggests.

buckskingirl
16-02-01, 02:11 AM
Here's another vote for Shane. A really nice guy with a great manner and talent with horses. Also suggest to your friend to attend a Steve Brady Clinic as soon as possible. What she will get out of the clinic will help with the continued education of her horse and will compliment any training provided by Shane (who is also a Steve Brady fan). I started using Steve Brady methods about 12 months ago and the difference in my horse is amazing. If your friend can't get the horse to one of Steve's clinics she should go along and watch as she'll get alot out of it.

cgh
16-02-01, 06:53 AM
I just did a Steve Brady school last weekend, and it was great. I did things on the young fella that I didn't think we were up to yet, and I've so many things I can practice until May.

Steve and Shane are both lovely guys.

Jane
16-02-01, 08:06 AM
thanks for all the replies guys. I will pass this onto my friend tonight. I think she's managed to convince her parents this is a good idea so fingers crossed for her (she's a nice girl). I'll let you know