Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can I Redo Today Again... B#&!%$D Horse

Today was the day the vet was coming to geld my warmblood. The boy is big. Out to the paddock and call the horses up. They are in a big paddock. Caught first horse and tied him up, caught the second horse and tied them up then the B!@#&%$D horse bit this one and off 3 of them go around the paddock..... for the next half hour. Could not get near them. With much cursing and swearing along with the vet turning up they were cornered.

The leader was the very quiet retired performance that butter would not met in it's mouth. once cornered it walks straight up( other B&#^%$d horse) . Get the Halter on the boy and he walks down no trouble. Vet puts needle in vein that's ok. Goes to inject an horse tosses head. Needle out. Another needle in. Another toss. Third needle in, not in vein properly Horse gets pissed off. Not vets fault as this horse is being very difficult.

Well all hell breaks loose and the B&^@#$%d horse cow kicks and gets the vet in the thigh. The kick did not do the damage but the vet was spun around and his foot got caught, So here I am holding THAT horse and the vet is lying in the ground. Then I see it, he vets left ankle is at right angles Now you know why the horse has a new name.

Three of us are there all with phones. Mine wont work. Another used to ring the ambulance and it keeps dropping out and I am taking on the vets phone to his wife. Ambulance is rung three times and gets logged but they do not realise that there are 2 roads in the same area with the same name.

Well before the ambulance arrives we have the wife turn up along with another vet and vet nurse. The ambulance is lost. The wife ring the ambulance coms then goes to find them. Hot middle of the day, just great. We used the reflective visor we put on the windscreen to stop the heat or shade.

Once the ambulance arrived the girls were great and stabilised the vet. He was chatting the whole time. We had to carry him out on a slide even though we were 10m from the road as the entrance is a big dip in it and the ambulance was too big.

The ambulance goes down and turns around and as they are coming back up the road I collapse. Very high blood pressure, tachycardia, vomiting so the Ambo's get 2 for the price of one.

The vet has a dislocated ankle and I will know more tomorrow. You never now when an accident can happen. THAT horse is still a colt.

OMG! Now THAT is a bad day! Is everyone going to be alright?

Bummer I hope it all works for the better and less pain tomorrow. For you and the vet..and the colt gets whatever he deserves.

Oh what a nightmare (or colt as the case may be). You poor thing, I hope all improves and you get colt gelded safely next time.

Good luck with everything.

Oh dear, thats almost funny apart from the injuries of course.

Little not so little b@stard.

Guessing vet got the green stick so they were a lot happier with the paramedics.

So glad I have ponies.
    dont worry about me, I dont know Jack. And if you know Jack, my apologies....

Cool

I too think it's a great comedy of errors.

Some days you are flying like a bird

Other days you're the statue that the pigeons love.....

yeah I was the statue today. Vet got green whistle plus morphine. It took 2 hours from the accident to getting to the hospital. Glad it was a dislocation and not a break. Lucky the horse did not kick him in the ankle and shatter it. I only got heat stress and shock. OK while the adrenalin was kicked in. I am still crying every time I think of the vet. The hospital gave me a few good drugs as well but I have a terrible headache. Waiting for the valium to kick in.

I even got a phone call in the middle of all of it from another vet at the clinic to see if the horse had had the injection and if he was down as the were going to rush around to help with the horse but he was standing next to me with a smile on his face. I thought it was great as they new we were looking after the vet and they still had concern for the horse

What a nightmare!!! You poor thing. Glad it wasn't more serious though. Bet a big glass of wine was needed tonight!

Oh dear Capri... what a day for all!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

ummm this wouldn't be the grey colt by carbine? the one that i was just telling husband about. maybe I should stick to my plan A of breeding my grey horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgg View Post
    Oh dear Capri... what a day for all!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

ummm this wouldn't be the grey colt by carbine? the one that i was just telling husband about. maybe I should stick to my plan A of breeding my grey horse.
    Yeah the extra cheap one. His full brother is in horse deals this month for $22 000 and his half sister just sold for $18 000. If you had a truck there today I would have given him away, He keeps this game up he will end up at the local sales. He would make a good horse in the right hands but I do not have the proper facilities or time for him