Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I was looking at a newer Crisfloat (a 2012 - thought it was Cobies) and I prefer the old style of ramp latch to be honest. The girl I was talking too did not like how low the latches are. Mine are the originals and I find them high and out the way. Horse has never gone near them - mind you she does not go far from the feedbin or haynet and is not tied long (one time I did she fell asleep and accidentally hung herself and threw herself down...but nowhere near the latches).

Ask Gonerama about Nandor's, she came down and picked hers up a couple of years ago.
    dont worry about me, I dont know Jack. And if you know Jack, my apologies....

From everything I've heard you'll be more than happy with any Crisfloat and if you're not there will be a queue a mile long to take it off your hands! Probably best to call the factory direct they seem very helpful. Not sure about suspension however I was told by one of the crisfloat agents that if you get a flat and you've upgraded to rock roller you're stuck where you are, no 'limping' to a service station to change it... That said everyone raves about the good ride that you get from rock roller. There is about an 8 week wait for a new float. Do you ski? you could always tie picking up your float with a quick trip to Hotham

re. Nandor there is one for sale on horsezone at the moment...

New float =

We've got the Royal. It has an access door each side, tack box with 2 saddle racks and 2 bridle racks (with a big external door and a door inside the float), rug rack, tie up dees (set further forward than normal to avoid the rear door latch).
    It fits all sizes of horse, and pony!

We got the centre stallion divider in front and behind the central pole,as I had a float before with a central pole and horses sucking back and getting their head on the wrong side of the pole used to drive me nuts.

It is extra wide, it can be fitted out as an angle load if required, but we have it as a straight load. The side padding is extra thick and keep the horses away from the side walls. We've never had a horse scramble in it.

Just interested to know if any of you have ever got air filtration systems for your Crisfloat (or any float for that matter?)?
    You say and you do the things at the time that you think are right.

I didn't on mine Tori but I do know the guy who has patented the exhaust fume distributed system here in Aus.. Seems like a pretty smart idea and I'd look at getting one fitted to my next float.
    He has actually started building his own floats with the EFD system.. They're made of the same material as Crisfloats but look much more like a regular float.

http://australianhorsefloats.com/efd/

Yes I have one of the Australian Horse Floats with the EFD system. Its a great idea as i have the extra air vents at the front, so the fumes get taken away out the back.

What I don't understand about those EFD systems is that what is stopping the fumes from just getting sucked into the back of the float. If you have ever driven around with your rear tailgate open (which majority of 4WD have), you will have exhaust fumes in your car. The tailpipe for these EFD systems sit right under the tailgate. My vents are on the roof of my float above their heads and I have side windows, so it is well ventilated. I have travelled in the back of my float (trying to find a rattle, just up and down the driveway) and I can safely say that I could not smell any fumes.