Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

this is purely speculation on my part but my dad that this icredible magnet, it was about fist sized and I could hold it above the lawn if I dropped a nail or screw and even from 3 inches from the ground they would pop up and land on the magnet. the amount of stuff that came up that we didnt even know we had lost was amazing.

wonder where you could find one like it?

tape it to his rug above where the needle disappeared? At least it then hopefully might work its way towards the magnet or at least not go deeper?

no idea if it would work on metal in tissue you have to understand but wonder if it would be worth a try?

hey I just remembered, computers have remarkably strong magnets in them, drop by some computer shops and tell them your problem.

I remember the chap at my computer shop had some on a shelf support and they were so strong he couldn't pull them off, he had to slide them off or use a screwdriver to prize them off

wonder if they would be strong enough to help?

I had asked could I try using some of them for pain , get a lot in my wrists sometimes and no idea why but works on mine, the stronger the magnet the quicker it works when one goes off its nut. stitch them between material so I can wear as a bracelet and can pull or slide them apart that way if they get stuck together.
    Last edited by mindari; 15-09-13 at 08:51 PM.

Vixen- I'm on the Central Coast.
    Skymare- We know where it went in, and there is now a cut there, we now need to ultrasound to see where it is and go from there.

even better, I didnt realise ultrasound would find it, have you asked him how soon he will be back with one to find it?

I wonder if he will dare to bill you for it?

Strong magnet? Could a good one pull it out?
    ‎"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm assuming an ultrasound unit might pick it up. I will speak to the vet tomorrow to organise the next steps.

bloody hope you find it. let us know how it went.
    ‎"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." - Abraham Lincoln

Okay:
    When did this happen?
    What did the attending vet propose to do,after the a/needle could not be retrieved?
    What has he done next?
    Is he a single practioner or is there some one else at the practice you can talk to?
    Disregard the bill at the moment,your priority is the recovery of your horse.
    Is he licenced as an equine vet,AEVA?

a word of caution seems appropriate.
    the goose .. er acupuncturist...lost the piece of needle..well broke it actually .. but ..
    You make loud noises about duty of care, liability insurance etc etc
    The goose (mindful of his no claim bonus and penalties for making a claim ) decides to find the needle or be damned and argue about the collateral damage later.
    This search for the needle MIGHT turn quite pear shaped to the great detriment of the nag.
    Perhaps you need some more input .. another vet who is at least half competent and has no dog in the fight would be good...

Caveat Emptor
    Let a horse whisper in your ear and breathe on your heart, you will never regret it.

DO NOT pay that bill!!!
    Get that needle out ASAP poor horsey

Hi Vixen,
    This happened on Wednesday afternoon. The vet is hoping it comes out naturally atm. It doesn't look like it has to me. So I will contact him tomorrow re next steps. He is a licensed equine vet as far as I know and is a single practitioner.