Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

bumpitty bump bump.. hhhheeelllooooo bats… cccccaaalllling bats..wwwwwhhheeeeeeeeeere art thoust ???
    The only thing wrong with a horse is that it is usually attached to a human

I have sent a letter outlining my concerns about the treatment (or lack there of) following the incident. No response yet but that is also because it took me a lot longer to get it together than I expected and they haven't had it for very long.
    "One must avoid using force, for I have never seen anything positive come out of a horse if such is the case".

Antoine De Pluvinel

They will need time to do their own internal investigation.
    They will also be battening down the hatches for the potential storm to come.
    There is the implication of professional negligence in this so they will be careful and with a weather eye on a potential insurance claim
    it might be worth having a chat to the governing body about standards of care...
    For I have sworn thee fair, and thought thee bright, who art as black as hell, as dark as night...

As expected, the vet's answer to my letter was to pretty much say that it was my fault the mare died because she was sick and that the attending vet did everything required.

This apparently included being able to tell that the unconscious mare's heart rate was fine by looking at the pulse on her face. Which is pretty amazing because I covered her face with a towel to protect her eye from the sun (and placed her head on a saddle blanket to protect the other one).

I will be explaining that this isn't good enough and I'm considering approaching Veterinary Board with a complaint.
    "One must avoid using force, for I have never seen anything positive come out of a horse if such is the case".

Antoine De Pluvinel

Wow totally not acceptable! A very telling response from them, certainly merits taking it further

That is horrendous.
    I would certainly say that it brings their profession into disrepute.
    For I have sworn thee fair, and thought thee bright, who art as black as hell, as dark as night...

I will be explaining that this isn't good enough and I'm considering approaching Veterinary Board with a complaint.

Naah don't say that.. you are implying that you might be fobbable or wishy washy or…. :-),

Just say, short and concise...
    Thank them for their reply
    Having given their reply careful consideration , you now conclude that they appear to have have malpracticed.
    Advise that you will be taking the matter up with appropriate authorities and will also be seeking damages.

This form of words tells them nothing, and they are now in the position of attempting to change their story.. or waiting for the solicitors letters to arrive.
    The threat alone may turn them to water.. otherwise find a solicitor who will write a threatening letter ( for a minimal fee) .
    After you start legal action THEN consider the vet board .. but remember that the vet board has a vested interest in protecting their members and fobbing off whingers…
    IF the vet board is not helpful .. them send tham a threat letter in a similar vein.

You probably really need some help now… Anubis ??
    The only thing wrong with a horse is that it is usually attached to a human

Ah... a summoning spell.

I am a believer in the chain of command. You have made appropriate complaint to the vet. Time now to escalate. How is the question.

Not an area I am familiar with. I can see several ways forward and a variety of outcomes. Leave it with me...will rustle up someone and get back to you privately Bats.

In the meantime perhaps you would write out a chronological statement of events. Numbered paragraphs one point per paragraph.

I have not re-read it all. Was your poor girl insured?

Quote Originally Posted by tgh05 View Post

Naah don't say that.. you are implying that you might be fobbable or wishy washy or…. :-),

You probably really need some help now… Anubis ??
    Thanks tgh05 you are correct on both fronts.

Thanks Anubis, I will get you chrono statement for your perusal.

Antoine De Pluvinel

I have had no dealings with the vet board but if it is like the medical board then it is there to protect the vets not the animals. My dealings with the medical board was they received the complaint & then stalled. They were "investigating" & were obviously waiting for me to give up. Only when I went to the local pollie did they do anything. Hope the vet board is better but wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. Good luck.