Thread: expert mode.

Default expert mode.

Morning all. I cannot seem to find correct formula for number of standouts for quinella and/or exactors . It automatically includes the next 6. Want to look at lesser.

Any help please.

Norm.

G'day Norm

This post looks at how to test MyCalcs and set the number of second and third place standouts in System Selector's new "Expert Mode".

The default for exotics is for a system test to use the win selections for first place and the top 6 rated horses for second and third. If you want to change the number of top rated horses for second and third to say 8 and 10 receptively then the first line of your system file must be as follows:

0.TRI2=8,TRI3=10

Note this line must be the first line in your system file and must start with "0.". The format of this line (after the "0.") is to have a "constant name" followed by an equals sign followed by a value. So, in the above example TRI2 (the number of top rated horses used for second place) is set to 8 and TRI3 (the number of top rated horses used for third place) is set to 10. Make sure you use the comma separator between the two.

Note that system tests use the second place horses as described above to report exactas and quinella results while the number of third place horses are added for the purpose of trifecta results. First four results are also reported, and these assume the number of top rated horses for fourth is the same as the number used for third.

I will send you a copy of my Tips & Tricks

Keep winning

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemcbain View Post
    G'day Norm

This post looks at how to test MyCalcs and set the number of second and third place standouts in System Selector's new "Expert Mode".

The default for exotics is for a system test to use the win selections for first place and the top 6 rated horses for second and third. If you want to change the number of top rated horses for second and third to say 8 and 10 receptively then the first line of your system file must be as follows:

0.TRI2=8,TRI3=10

Note this line must be the first line in your system file and must start with "0.". The format of this line (after the "0.") is to have a "constant name" followed by an equals sign followed by a value. So, in the above example TRI2 (the number of top rated horses used for second place) is set to 8 and TRI3 (the number of top rated horses used for third place) is set to 10. Make sure you use the comma separator between the two.

Note that system tests use the second place horses as described above to report exactas and quinella results while the number of third place horses are added for the purpose of trifecta results. First four results are also reported, and these assume the number of top rated horses for fourth is the same as the number used for third.

I will send you a copy of my Tips & Tricks

Keep winning

Mike.
    Thanks again Mike. Understood.

Norm

Bet Selector Forum Users

It would be remiss of me not to record here that sabu aka Norm died on June 20th after a very brief battle with cancer. He was one of the gentlemen that I have encountered on Racing Forums and I will miss him.

Mike