Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I used to come here everyday. Now it is possibly once a month. I hate to agree, but Facebook has taken over. Having said that I have recently strongly dialed back on the group/pages I am following on Facebook. If I see one more person asking veterinary advice from strangers on line my head might explode. Seeing an innocent photo of someone riding, only to have it torn apart. There may be a trend away from Facebook soon. My teenage sons say that Facebook is for middle aged women
    too funny.

grannys too

I dont do stalkbook. Who wants to know what you have for brekky ?? And all the rest of the boring shit. I do do forums. i loved coming here , but its just got a bit ho hum. Same ole same ole,,,,,,,feet, saddles, feed, and on and on,,,
    Rev it up,,,,,,,,talk about something that hasnt already been done to death, over and over .
    I know,,,I am being nasty,,but geez,,,,we need a change of conversation
    Some new chat,,,,or its goooooooooooooooone

Personally I find FB very hard to follow. Lots of pictures, lots of adverts but when it comes to a discussion that has anything worth reading, No the discussions are all very fleeting and no depth of knowledge

AA facebook is customisable, I don’t see pics of people’s food because I either unfriend or unfollow anyone who posts stuff I’m not interested in. So my FB feed is pretty much all horses and dogs

But yes discussions are very hard to follow on FB, some of the pages are too big and have a lot of know-nothings handing out advice like they are somehow qualified to do so. Some of the pages are good though, Foal club and some of the classical and dressage pages have a lot of knowledgeable people contributing which is always interesting to read. You have to pick and choose the groups you join and the people you follow to get the most out of it. I don’t think FB can replace forums for a good discussion simply because the format isn’t optimal for that.

"If I see one more person asking veterinary advice from strangers on line my head might explode. Seeing an innocent photo of someone riding, only to have it torn apart"

... like those things have not happened here ?

as for facebook, it can be extremely .... revealing : >