Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Brian.

The only thing I can think of is that BS thinks Plague Stone has less than 50% Placing, but I ran your placeFifty calc and it selected all 4 horses. Not sure how you can tell how they're ranked from that?

Here's my Calc, System And results, which put Plague Stone out of order. Why? I can't work it out.

That's really just a curiosity I suppose. If you can't see a way around the artificial separation, I'm just flogging a dead horse.
    Thank you again for taking the time to look at it.

Regards,

Steve

The Calc:
    MyPts(PPRANK,1,NUMSTR,NUMSTR,1,0)
    The System
    0.CALCNAME=Poll
    DAYCODE$"7"
    LOCATION$"S"
    Within(RNO,5,5)
    The result:
    25/08/2018 (SAT) ROSEHILL (ROS) WIN PLC QN EX TT FF
    SR 5 # 1 1L0x Performer 5.00 3RD 2.00
    SR 5 # 2 381x Paquirri 7.00
    SR 5 # 3 110x Jonker 6.00 4TH
    SR 5 # 4 x111 Dio D'Oro 8.00
    SR 5 # 5 5x14 Plague Stone 2.00
    SR 5 # 6 11x Graff 9.00 WON 5.20 1.80
    SR 5 # 7 310x Tchaikovsky 4.00
    SR 5 # 8 1x4x Neutrality 3.00 2ND 1.70
    SR 5 # 9 60x5 Ringerdingding 1.00 12.0

Steve

I've copied your MyCalc and system and run them, and I get the same results.

The problem is that what you are seeing on the System Selector selections screen under the heading (ROS) is not the ranking, but the result of the MyCalc.

That is, the points allocated to each horse by the calculation are 9 for Graff (as he has the highest place percentage of 100), 8 for Dio D'Oro, 7 for Paquirri etc etc

To see the rankings, hit the 'Analyse System' button, then 'View Current CSV file'

In the resulting spreadsheet, scroll right across to columns EN and EO to see the results of the MyCalc and the rank (CR)

You'll find that the results of the MyCalc match the calculation shown under the heading ROS, and the rank will be 1-9 based on the highest to lowest place percentage.

The horses with equal percentages are ranked by TAB number

Cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by Kintala; 23-09-18 at 12:21 PM.

Brian,

I've looked at that and still can't see the ranking in strict Tab order. Tab nos 1,5,7,8 all have 50% place and yet they are ranked (in column EO) 5,8.6.7 respectively. Surely it should be 5,6,7,8?

Anyway, the issue is moot, unless you (or anyone?) can see a way to get around the artificial separation and have them ranked equally.

Thanks again for taking an interest.

Steve

Steve

I don't know what I was looking at when I thought the equal calcs were ranked by TAB number. I checked with Neale and he advised that some rankings look at number of starts before TAB number. That doesn't appear to be the case here, but without knowing the rules laid out in the source code, it's impossible to tell.
    So, as you say, it doesn't appear that the rankings in BS will be able to produce the results you want.

Cheers
    Brian