Default Six months on...a few glimpses from the weekend

A few glimpses from the weekend... a few oopsies, including being eliminated as we leg yielded st4aight through the gate at A, but overall a lovely weekend and so much progress. Still a long way to go, but very little attitude and really tried, even when we were both busted.
    Needs to come through much more over the back, and I still lean forward, but considering the howling wind through the trees on the immediate west of the arena, and the 20,000+ strong crowd cheering the footy next door to the east, I think we held it all together pretty well.

For 5 tests....retired in the first...the monsters got too much for us...61 in the same arena a few hours later in her first 2.2, th 66 indoors in the 1.3, followed up the following day with the elimination indoors, then 61 in the 2.3 with the monsters again.

Video when I can get it to load....

https://youtu.be/EBS5RKkvtlM
    Last edited by gasbuster; 03-10-18 at 08:55 AM.

Good for you, you've come a long way with her.

You should still lean forward, she is way too tight in the hocks to be able to take a correct sitting trot yet, it's unfortunate Australian tests can't be a bit more like the English ones when it comes to introducing the sitting trot.
    "One must avoid using force, for I have never seen anything positive come out of a horse if such is the case".

Antoine De Pluvinel

Gee she’s a lovely horse GB. Well done. Some tricky asks in that test.

every now and then she tells me she doesn’t want to be a Dressage pony any more, so we go XC or chasing cows....but such a cuddly pony now. And she’s even learned to eat carrots and licorice...

I think you are doing awesomely gb. I really love your horse, she's energetic, wants to move, has nice impulsion, her ears are forward, she's listening, wants to please....and you are sitting that big trot so well! Great effort!

She is a big mover....a challenge, but I think when you get into the bigger arena she will have more room and will start to shine even more. You hang in there, you've really got a gem I think!

And if you even vaguely think she needs a change of scenery, like chasing cows or XC - do it....just to give her headspace, new expectations, these things can meet the intelligence of a smart horse, and which I truly believe is so important for one-discipline horses. A change of pace and some freedom....mentally refreshing. Don't doubt yourself or her...I think you will create a great partnership! Big movers need space, change, challenge....(to avoid becoming arena-bound I believe).Good luck and keep the progress going! Like you say, there is so much (evident in that video) progess!
    Last edited by opensky; 11-10-18 at 10:14 PM.
    Without a horse you're half complete.