Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I really liked this youtube

Default I really liked this youtube

I suppose they are a dime a dozen these days -- youtubes I mean -- but I found this when looking around and think it's worth posting here, maybe for discussion or just something to watch while you have your weetbix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WOtcE9hMMM

I watched until she ran the nag into the corner and then walked up to it… stoopid humans.....poor bloody nag
    The only thing wrong with a horse is that it is usually attached to a human

I nearly bailed when I saw the (very long) lead rein on wrong side of the horse, but I kept watching.

Interesting. I quite liked it calm and persistent. The mare was strong-willed but I did not at anytime feel she was unduly stressed.

LOL Taff ... where did you find that one!
    I couldn’t get over the indentation on the the face (horse) left by a nose band. Becoming common these days. Even see it on horses “loved” by their teenage owners.
    Nope. Horse didn’t know what the hell it was supposed to do. Sweet mare didn’t kick blonde lady in the head.

Soon as she said that the mare was being dominating by shaking her head I turned her off. If you truly watch horses in the paddock they do NOT shake their heads to be dominating. If they flap the ears around and shake the head it is because they are uncomfortable and annoyed.

Just another "dominance" based trainer who can subtly bully a horse into submission. Good for her, some horses have put it over their riders. This horse knew exactly what to do to shut the trainer down, she came in and offered submission. Until the next time when she doesn't feel like it.
    "One must avoid using force, for I have never seen anything positive come out of a horse if such is the case".

Antoine De Pluvinel

I know none of what you guys do about training a horse. But I stand amazed that grey horse didnt give that sheila a full barrel plant . Her dragging around on the end of the lead, and walking up behind,,,,OMG is all I thought and didnt watch it all the way.

DOH! I thought I'd stumbled on someone who really knew what she was doing with horses, despite my sometimes wondering why she did this or that.

I must admit, when she wouldn't let the mare out of the corner, I did ask the computer why she was doing that. Then Mia answered with, "I am giving her that corner. She knows it is her safe place."

And I thought, oh, and decided that it all made sense and perhaps the horse was smarter than me.

Then it started to 'make sense' to me after hearing in English her explanations but I forgot that maybe the horses had no clue.

Hmmm. I thought the horse didn't kick her because they saw her as leader but maybe...

Anyhow, thanks chaps.

I am sure there is a vid somewhere of sensitive groundwork taff , but I do not know of one.
    Everything I have seen misses the point of the exercise and sinks into clever human ego tripping
    It should be all about building communication and trust ; empowering the horse to offer his or her services in return for emotional and physical support.
    The only thing wrong with a horse is that it is usually attached to a human

Quote Originally Posted by tgh05 View Post
    I am sure there is a vid somewhere of sensitive groundwork taff , but I do not know of one.
    Everything I have seen misses the point of the exercise and sinks into clever human ego tripping
    It should be all about building communication and trust ; empowering the horse to offer his or her services in return for emotional and physical support.
    Something a bit more subtle perhaps:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGL-X1gNcFc