Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Clydesdale Rescue - and hello from

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie to this forum (recommended to me by another forum member)and to the world of horses, so I'm looking forward to learning lots.

Last year I rescued a 30 year old boy from the RSPCA, he's my first horse ever after *mumble* decades of never outgrowing my girlhood fantasy. Mr Biggles is just gorgeous but I feel sorry for him as he's my guinea-pig so to speak. But the learning curve has to start somewhere doesn't it?

Just to really throw myself into the deep end, last year a couple of friends and myself started up Clydesdale Rescue, so far we've saved 7 of them from the knackery, and had one surrendered to us. No, I'm not involved in the hands-on stuff for which the horses I'm sure are truly grateful, but am trying to help with fund-raising and getting the word out. One of my colleagues is a clumper nut, so they are in safe hands.

So the main reason for my first post is to let you know about Clydesdale Rescue, and if anyone has any ways to help us, or could put some posters up for us please let me know.

We also need to know if any Clydes end up at the saleyards or need rescuing - at present there are only 2 of us in Sydney, so are having to confine operations to around that area until we can get some contacts/temp agistment arrangements in place in other area.

We have a website too! [http://www.clydesdalerescue.com.au]

Thanks for taking the time to read my first post!

Cheers, Von

Default RE: Clydesdale Rescue - and hello f

Hi Von, firstly... WELCOME!

We're getting alot of newbies on the forum these days..it's wonderful.

Second... I used to have Clydesdales in New Zealand, i love the big brutes. I'm in Queensland now but if you need a hand from this end of the country don't hesitate to call on me. If you want to PM me i will give you all my contact numbers etc. Would love to help you out any way possible with an organisation such as this one!!

Cheers
    Rosco

"If I've told you once I've told you a million times...don't exaggerate!!"

Hi Von, and welcome!

Your site looks great - good on you!! I'm very interested too to know if you have any gorgeous rescued clumpers for sale as my partner desperately wants one - the link didnt work on your page but pls msg me if you do :-)

Hi there,
    Oops - I'll let Julie know about that page! At the moment none of our "guests" are ready for rehoming as far as I'm aware - if you give Julie a call at the sanctuary she'll be able to let you know how they are progressing and when they'll be ready - I think some are very close!

What a great cause! I almost cried when I read about Bernie. It can be so hard to explain the love you feel for an animal that you have a strong bond with. Only other 'real animal' lovers can comprehend. They are gorgeous horses aren't they!

Simone ~God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses ~
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...75/myhorse.jpg

ALMOST CRIED........ I WAS CRYING :0( poor bernie... RIP

its a wonderful site and although im not exaclty in a postition to be able to help i thank you for doing what you can :D its a wonderful site!

Hello,
    I'm just about to pop over and visit your site.
    I also run a horse rescue program in Victoria.
    My site is www.HORSESwithHOPE.com
    I take on all types of horses, but have had 2 rescue clydesdale's in the past - both are now rehomed in wonderful loving homes.
    I also have 2 permanent clydie crosses that live with me.
    If you ever need a hand in the Victorian region, don't hesitate to contact me, I'm happy to help out anytime.

Default Re Clyde rescue

Dear

Dear Von
    I'm a newbie to this forum (recommended to me by another forum member)and to the world of horses, so I'm looking forward to learning lots.

Last year I rescued a 30 year old boy from the RSPCA, he's my first horse ever after *mumble* decades of never outgrowing my girlhood fantasy. Mr Biggles is just gorgeous but I feel sorry for him as he's my guinea-pig so to speak. But the learning curve has to start somewhere doesn't it?

Just to really throw myself into the deep end, last year a couple of friends and myself started up Clydesdale Rescue, so far we've saved 7 of them from the knackery, and had one surrendered to us. No, I'm not involved in the hands-on stuff for which the horses I'm sure are truly grateful, but am trying to help with fund-raising and getting the word out. One of my colleagues is a clumper nut, so they are in safe hands.

So the main reason for my first post is to let you know about Clydesdale Rescue, and if anyone has any ways to help us, or could put some posters up for us please let me know.

We also need to know if any Clydes end up at the saleyards or need rescuing - at present there are only 2 of us in Sydney, so are having to confine operations to around that area until we can get some contacts/temp agistment arrangements in place in other area.

We have a website too! [http://www.clydesdalerescue.com.au]

Thanks for taking the time to read my first post!

Cheers, Von[/QUOTE]

Smile Re Clyde rescue

dear Von have tried to get into web site with no luck, I'm in the throws of selling our property in gippsland to move to bigger property, have outgrown 5 acres were on with breeding little equines and border leister sheep, any how yrs ago I owned a Clyde, best horse I owned owned many, tbs, clev bays, standies , but the one I had the most affection for was "Clyde" he never did anything naughty. bucking rearing, he was my favorite you could leave him a week, a month even and his temp never changed, you didn't have to lunge him to get on, every time it was like he was ridden yesterday, I miss him still unfortunately snake bite got him, I'm wondering if there is a rescue service or breeders in the benalla / albury area that's were we are moving to as soon as house sells, if you could let me know I'd be appreciative, or if you have a web site that I can get into, have tried yours many times to no avail,
    would love to see the clydes on offer or coming up in future,
    Last edited by Samsdonks; 09-10-11 at 01:08 PM.

I know a clydie breeder in shepparton. Pm me if you're interested