Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default RE: Can dogs eat Basmalti Rice?

The best rice for any dog is wholegrain brown rice. Not only is it fillingm it is full of B group vitamins.
    We feed it to our Lab because he is a guts and had very sensitive skin. It helps prevent itchyness and all sorts of things.

Would you believe I couldn't find wholegrain rice at Coles. I looked for it the last time she was unwell. The reason I was going to use Basmalti was it was all I had at around 11:00 pm at night, and being in WA we don't have extended shopping hours :) (sorry, just back from holiday in Ireland and really got used to going to the shop at 12:00 am etc!).

Basmati rice is lower GI than plain white rice. My dog eats our left over basmati rice all the time. It is better for you than plain white rice.

Good luck with your dog. I have always been told by vets that dogs with an upset stomach should be fed rice and boiled chicken.

Deelee, what's that naughty Dobe been eating that she wasn't supposed to??
    Is the chicken you give her raw or cooked? I give my pup raw chicken frames every second day (don't give them cooked bones ever) and he stinks up a storm everytime after his chook feast.

Unless she 'looks and acts' unwell then i wouldn't panic, the vet will most likely tell you to keep an eye on her, but ring them if you're worried.

Cheers
    Rosco

P.S Qualified... when you've been on this forum abit longer than you have then you'll be more 'qualified' to make comments about what gets posted on this forum. Like GG said, we talk about everything on here.... not just the neddies!

Rosco,

Not sure what she has eaten, we NEVER give her cooked bones. She loves chicken carcases, but she hasn't had any in a while. She has also lost some weight, so I'm taking her to the vet today just to get her looked over (her poos are okay and she is not stinking anymore, well no more than usual!). The chicken I gave her was boiled - the last time she had an upset tummy the vet said to giver her boiled chicken and rice, which I did this time as well.