Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default RE: Christine Wels caught on camera "training" a Horse

I see no reason why this woman should ever be allowed near another animal again.

From my limited German, the title means 500 blows in 30 minutes.

Makes me weep to watch her with a horse I'd give my right leg to own, and all she can do is flog it :( poor horse, I just wish it's aim was better, because she deserves a hoof to the head IMHO x(

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5.../horsebar1.gif

Horse sense - something that horses have that stops them betting on humans

Cate - that's all I can think too. What a BEAUTIFUL horse.

It's so sad. There will be nothing left of his mind or personality or "being" after that kind of treatment, he will opt out and just become an empty shell.

Geez I wish I hadn't watched that..

Good grief, why are humans like that even allowed to exist?

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...Scratchy-2.jpg

Undomesticated Equines could not remove me.

From memory (and this is only memory), she is not allowed to own, train or handle horses any more in Germany - which I guess is why she has slipped across the border into Denmark.

St. Georg magazine in DE has run several stories and photo reports on this woman (the reporter in the video is from St. Georg). They seem to be very active on cruelty issues, and have no problem taking on 'big' issues. I seem to recall that after her conviction, she was caught training again in germany.

What I don't understand are the people that take their horses to her, and defend her methods - despite her conviction.

Makes me very, very sad. Most horses are so willing and loyal given half a chance; they will try their hearts out for a handler that asks them the 'right' way.

This is not uncommon.. they are just horses.. dumb animals.. whats the problem??

I have a tape (maybe had .. it is a long time ago) of the then coach of the german young riders dressage squad .. constantly spurring a horse who would not "hold" the piaffe.

Torturing nags is where you find it, sadly one doesn't have to look far.

Perhaps a stipulation could be made by FEI that any horse who is "trained" by this person is inelligible to enter competition sanctioned by them *watches peoples eyebrows raise*. I realise this would be still hard to enforce, but it would make some people think twice ? [br]

Betcha people will still ask her to "train" their horse because she can get, ahem, "results" - .....

This woman needs beating with a big stick!!!

I gotta tell you all.... this woman is bad but I see it here all the time - not necessarily the whacking but abuse of the bit and spurs - ALL the time. My pet hate is the material classes where they have to stand a horse up in front of the judges. Every horse is stood and then the rider jab-jab-jabs them in the mouth the whole time (supposedly to keep them standing still). The judges watch it, the crowd watches it and they all think it´s perfectly normal. It makes me want to scream!!!
    I have many videos of well known riders showing horses for sale or in training in private stables that would make your toes curl. It sucks - but it is normal here. Almost every horse is trained in draw reins - every horse you get on has no sensitivity left in it´s mouth.
    Australians are very lucky.... we are extremely well educated generally in the ways horses learn and also in our general horse husbandry and horse care. Do you know here, I´ve met people who think that a swollen tendon sheath is the end of a career? Only the vet can administer a wormer and if you try to get a decent xray....! I had to get a vet/friend in Australia to tell them the angle, light exposure etc. just to get a decent xray we could read.
    Today I had my horse´s teeth done - she´s 8yo and it´s the first time for her. I´ve seen horses 15yo dropping food everywhere with ulcers all through their mouths and you say ´what about getting the horse´s teeth done?´ What??? What have teeth got to do with anything?
    The quality and number of horses here is amazing but they are treated, for the most part, like cattle. It can be very depressing...