Default Foster mare needed - Narre Warren VIC

Hi All

A friend of mine lost her mare the other night and it is looking as though the first foster mare is not going to work out.

If anyone knows of a foster mare, as close to Narre Warren as possible, please PM me the details and I will pass them on.

Thanks in advance.

Still needed, please. The one they found has rejected the foal. Please PM me or email sarah@eaglefinance.net.au

your vet should know that if you have a gelding on the same property then you don't have to worry if your foal got any colostrumbecause youor rather your vet can take some blood from your or aneighbouring gelding they then spin the hemoglobin off the blood thats the red part of blood that then leaves you with the sirum which is the clear part of the blood this part of the blood holds all the antivbodies that your mares mikwould have had yhis can then be injected into the foal and it will give him/her theanti bodies to the virus's that exists on or around your property it doesen't hurt the gelding and is better than nothing for the foal all the big thoroghbred studs in the hunter valley area have mares of little value financily on the property that if they lose a valuble mare and her even more valuble foal is left with no mum or collostrum they abort these mares many of whom are clydsdale mares they then collect colostrum from them and freeze it giving them a bank of colostrum sometimes they attempt to mother up these mares with the orphan foal but not if there is any risk of the foal being injured as you can imagine if the service fee was onehundred thousand dollars they are very invested in these foals while you may be still very upset at losing a mare you really loved for the big studs it is the bottom line that counts that said it is worth phoning some of them to see if you can buy some frozen colostrum of them orphan foals do do ok on goats milk Ihave reared orphan lambs with cow colostrum because dairy farmers don't mix their colostrum milk in with the rest of the herds milk so it is either thrown away or fed to poddy calves but Iused it succefully on lambs you would need to dheck with your or a speciest horsevet as to the possibility of giving it to horsesthe hard part is sitting there unable to do anythingthe deptment of agriculture in its horse notes has a recipe for a formula you can make up using powdered cows milk and Ihave seen it work keep hitting your local radio stations asking them to request their listners to contact you if they have a mare who has had astill born foal you never know some one may bre out there with ain milk mare who could help youor one that died shortly after being born