Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Please help stop sharon jenson !

Thankyou to all who have contacted me in the case of Sharon Jenson/austwick/norton. this lady is selling horses by the week, they are purchased from saleyards have many issues and most I have been told are dangerous and un ridable! they are all sold as beginners horses and recently two ppl have been really hurt and taken to hospital with serious injuries. I myself was hurt in a nasty fall. Luckily my daughter who is 9 yrs old never rode this horse, she would have been really hurt, sharon told me he would be suitale for a beginner, just jump on bareback with a halter!!!!!!!
    It saddens me how many people have come fwd and told their sad stories.
    She is now under investigation with police.
    She is now remarried and goes by the name of Sharon Norton, I have had 10+ ppl contact me and it makes me so sad, a few have been seriously injured as they are sold a BEGINNERS horse, so when a beginner mounts a crazy horse been bought cheap from the saleyards and sold for around $3000 is going to be seriously hurt. We have to stop this lady as she is also selling floats and saddles, they are paid for and never turn up!
    Last edited by horsecrazy76; 05-05-12 at 12:01 PM.

Dept of fair trading has successfully fined people of this ilk, you need to be putting your complaints in writing to them, along with vet reports, adverts, medical bills and other evidence that proves she misrepresented her product.

Meanwhile, people really need to start being smarter when it comes to their own welfare...don't just blindly believe everything you hear, use you own eyes and intelligence to critically appraise potential horses. Don't ever get on a horse until you've seen the seller ride it, (if it's been sold as a beginner's horse, I'd expect it to be able to be handled easily, ridden by it's owner through all paces, calmly, on a loose-ish rein, out of the arena etc. Any excuses made for why this couldn't be done would ring alarm bells for me). If at any stage the horse looks too much for you, just pass on it. If you are a BEGINNER, it's essential to take along your instructor or at least a more experienced horse person to evaluate the horses you are seeing.

Dangerous horses usually display at least some worrying behaviour while being handled and ridden. If people used a little common sense or brought along someone with an expert eye, there'd be many less accidents.

I absolutely agree with you.. I had been looking for a new horse for over a year and there was nothing from here so I thought I would take a chance as this horse sounded and looked fantastic he was meant to have been used for barrell racing, team penning, pony club, trail etc ridden bareback in a halter and the lady was going through a divorce and needed a very loving home for her beloved horse! It seemed ok to me to take a chance, but I got an un ridable horse so I would have expected some things not to be on par but a lie this big whoa.. I had him transported 900km and I have many horsey friends who have bought sight unseen and couldnt be happier, I just had to get this lady!!
    Also she drugs horses so to a beginner they seem fine even after riding them. Bottom line is she intentionally puts people in harms way and thinks its funny.
    Last edited by horsecrazy76; 05-05-12 at 12:13 PM.

Hiding in the NSW South Coast bush with my horses, dogs and cows.

Years ago, a young woman bought a horse at a sale, soon after, she rode this new horse on a ride, with the local trail ride club. At some time it bolted, without rider I believe, but saddle still strapped on, tried to duck under a fallen tree, and fatally injured itself. That's a horror story!
    ***Come thou with me, and I will lead thee to it, for I know where it is hidden***

this has gone well beyond a fair trading matter now.. the police are involved.... one woman has been left in a wheelchair and she almost died... the lawyers on here can give us an idea, but would that quantify as a manslaughter charge or something?
    'It doesn't matter how high you are on the food chain, once you inflict pain you FAIL AS A HORSEMAN.'

'You cannot train a horse with shouts and expect it to obey a whisper'

'Be consistent, be fair, time it right, never be in a hurry, never be emotional, be calm, just be the system.'

Ain't no lawyer or anything but pretty sure the victim has to be dead for manslaughter!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    Ain't no lawyer or anything but pretty sure the victim has to be dead for manslaughter!
    meant to put attempted lol... there is a word I am looking for but I am having a complete brain fart at the moment lol
    'It doesn't matter how high you are on the food chain, once you inflict pain you FAIL AS A HORSEMAN.'

'You cannot train a horse with shouts and expect it to obey a whisper'

'Be consistent, be fair, time it right, never be in a hurry, never be emotional, be calm, just be the system.'

grevious bodily harm perhaps shaiarabs? GBH for short.

That's a criminal charge. Careless disregard for the welfare of the purchaser - is that enough for GBH? I believe there needs to be intent but it's been a long time since I did crim law.

I believe you can have attempted murder if it is reasonably foreseeable that your actions could result in death. Eg in an armed hold up if your gun goes off accidentally and someone is hurt or killed, it is reasonably foreseeable that this would happen.

There's a crim lawyer on here who would have a idea on what, if any, criminal charge might be laid.

I can see that could apply if you could prove the seller had knowledge that the horse was likely (had in the past) behaved in ways that could kill someone, and sold it on without disclosing this...the problem of course is proving the seller had knowledge.