PDA

View Full Version : Menopause it certainly was not........

Noah'sArk
16-05-12, 02:08 PM
Have been feeling lousy for ages.

Seriously was starting to think I was very ill.

Had multitude of weird symptoms and had even gone off horses and showing and had lost my mojo.

Turns out I am 10 weeks pregnant:eek:

As my oldest child is 21, to say this was a shock was an understatement.

Actually, odds of conceiving naturally were 1 in 100,000 apparently.

Oh well, now have to wait to see the results of many a test to see if baby is okay.

Am nervous as all gettup and hope everything will be okay.

Least we have a steady supply of kids ponies for a good few years to come!!!:D

PaintedLady77
16-05-12, 02:14 PM
1 in 100,000 apparently.

WOW You're either incredibly lucky or incredibly unlucky, depends on how you look at it :) Either way, congratulations are in order - what a wonderful suprise, albeit a bit of a shock. How did your other children take the news - that would have been funny I'm guessing. You say your oldest is 21, how young is the youngest??

Good luck with all the tests too - it will be an anxious wait for you. :)

k123
16-05-12, 02:15 PM
oh dear NA. Hope all is ok for you and baby. Perhaps you should have tried lotto instead?? :D

cbz
16-05-12, 02:15 PM
OMG, that would be such a shock! Thinking menopause and then, hell no, it's the other end of the spectrum.

I think congratulations are in order. Best wishes that all is well with your "surprise baby">

LindaH
16-05-12, 02:27 PM
Bloody Hell! That would be a shock! At least you now have a reason for your malady, and it's not a serious health problem (well nothing that won't clear up in another 18 years or so :D). Hope all goes well for you and the new little Noah's Ark.

teetee
16-05-12, 02:32 PM
Wow that is a surprise! Hope all's well with bub :)

Centaur
16-05-12, 02:38 PM
Wow! Congratulations!!

berty
16-05-12, 02:42 PM
Wow what a wonderful surprise. all the best

Noah'sArk
16-05-12, 02:43 PM
Lol. Thank you.

Youngest daughter is eight and so excited and thrilled.

Just on tenterhooks now hoping all is ok...:o

Linon
16-05-12, 02:48 PM
What a wonderful surprise! Now go and buy a lotto ticket:)

HedgeWitch
16-05-12, 02:48 PM
Congratulations, will keep all crossed for things to be OK, but I am sure they will be.

Watch out ponies there be a newbie in line to ride you LOL

Hedgy

k8
16-05-12, 03:01 PM
woohoo... congrats... hope all is perfect for you and bub.

Anubis
16-05-12, 04:40 PM
Wow! Congratulations.

Harriette
16-05-12, 05:03 PM
Warmest congratulations.

What a shock:eek:
But how exciting:D

Djangoandjacana
16-05-12, 06:14 PM
OMG what a shock for you. Hope all is well with the lodger.

cyrus
16-05-12, 06:29 PM
My mum said I always kept her young, so I hope it all works out the way you wish it to be.
Congrats- I was grumpy at menopause, but I am glad your option is not a possiblilty ( well slight I suppose) as I got kicked by a horse, and then was told, " I had a broken clip" not a broken hip :)

How many children do you already have ? between those ages?

skymare
16-05-12, 07:01 PM
haha what a shock indeed. good luck NA.

Autumn
16-05-12, 07:15 PM
What a nice suprise - so I hope you are feeling better!!! :)

Raennik123
16-05-12, 08:13 PM
What a lovely "illness' to have. Wishing you and bub the best in your new life together.

bellette
16-05-12, 08:24 PM
Congratulations on the surprise diagnosis!
Apparently someone here has had twins recently- mum is in her early 50's!!!!

Toriadore
16-05-12, 08:32 PM
What a blessing!
Congratulations to you and the family.
Love your attitude....at least I have plenty of ponies.....:)

Bisho
16-05-12, 08:35 PM
What exciting news. Congratulations NA.

LisaL
16-05-12, 09:29 PM
There is 19 years difference between my youngest brother and I, like you my mother thought it was menopause, then her doctor thought cancer, but it was her miracle baby. Many women go through what has happened to you, so don't be embarrassed, good luck and hope everything goes smoothly

Queen_V
16-05-12, 10:19 PM
Congratulations NA! Wonderful news!

Lin2
16-05-12, 10:19 PM
Congratulations! That would be more than a *bit* of a shock. LOL

Sim
16-05-12, 11:14 PM
Wow!! Congratulations!

One of the blokes at my local stockfeeders had a 26 year gap between his two kids. He is in his 50s now, and swears his young boy who is 8, keeps him young. :):) (Plus, his older sister baby sits a lot!!!)

Lovely news and I hope you feel better soon:):D

sharyn
16-05-12, 11:35 PM
Congratulations!

What a lovely suprise. :D

DB
16-05-12, 11:40 PM
Noah! Haven't you found out what causes it yet?!?!?!?! :)

COngratulations - especially on having ponies ready! :D

moosh
17-05-12, 06:13 AM
Congratulations NA!! That is lovely news, I sincerely hope all is well & healthy with the bub & all tests come back clear :)

Noah'sArk
17-05-12, 09:18 AM
Thank you all for your lovely words.

Am still a bit shellshocked, lol.

For those who want to know, my daughter is 21, son 16 and little daughter 8.

Also have two stepchildren 23 and 19.

At one point when they were all growing up, we ranged from contraception to nappies...hee hee

Hope it's a girl - better keep hold of all Emmerson's riding gear now...:D

Good news is there is now apparently as from this month, a new blood test that supercedes the dreaded Amnio - where, to the uninitiated, they stick a bloody great needle through your stomach to harvest a sample of the amniotic fluid for testing for genetic abnormalities.

Phew - can cope with a blood test...:o

MMC
17-05-12, 09:33 AM
Good news is there is now apparently as from this month, a new blood test that supercedes the dreaded Amnio - where, to the uninitiated, they stick a bloody great needle through your stomach to harvest a sample of the amniotic fluid for testing for genetic abnormalities.

Phew - can cope with a blood test...:o

What a relief. I was terrified of having and amnio. Amazing the changes in technology now. When my mother was pregnant with me, they thought I was twins. So they did an Xray. WHAT!!

These days it would be a simple ultrasound. Speaking of which. Have you seen the 4D ones? I would loved to have seen that when I had my babies.

And, congratulations!!! Sounds like you will have lots of ponies and lots of baby sitters. :)

(If it was me I would have preferred to have been told Menopause. ) ;) ;) )

Renvers
17-05-12, 09:34 AM
Congratulations, NA. All the best for the blood tests!

mindari
17-05-12, 10:36 AM
There is 19 years difference between my youngest brother and I, like you my mother thought it was menopause, then her doctor thought cancer, but it was her miracle baby. Many women go through what has happened to you, so don't be embarrassed, good luck and hope everything goes smoothly

yes, your sure not alone....lol

same happend to me. doc was going to x-ray for cancer and hubby said,,tell em to do a preg test first, we all thought he was nuts.

could have heard a pin drop when it came back posative ......:D

md
17-05-12, 10:41 AM
Congrats NA, all the best :)

Shoes
17-05-12, 02:43 PM
congrats to you Noah's Ark, you will have a lot of helpers in your new life, maybe when things settle down for you, you might want to start a thread of things you might need for a baby and we can post baby things on it for you that others don't need anymore but you might, I know when we had our third child I had given things away like baby bath pram etc so I ended up buying many things that were used for a couple of months and then given away, hope the tests come back clear for you and your family

krysford
18-05-12, 02:51 PM
Congratulations!! Wishing you the best of luck for everything! :)

Caille
19-05-12, 10:26 AM
Congrats, NA! :D

I couldn't *imagine*! WOW!

cbrown
19-05-12, 11:40 AM
:eek:

WOW hahah what a surprise!

Thanks for sharing NA :) and Congratulations!

Silver Taffy
19-05-12, 12:12 PM
Congratulations! I wish you a healthy baby! It'll be a bonus if she/he is a little rider in the making :D