PDA

View Full Version : Art Uytendaal.. A good read!! :)

Reata
04-06-12, 10:46 PM
Reading Pigeons story in another thread made me go hunting and I found this. Its a good read!! Enjoy!!

http://www.jumpingaround.com/News/April%202007/040407ArtUytendaal1N.htm

As a kid a pony club I was lucky enough to do a couple of jumping days with Art.
I enjoyed the days and had a great admiration for Mr Uytendaal.
Back in those days they showed some Melbourne Show showjumping on the TV.
When Art was jumping it was Magic!!! :)

opensky
04-06-12, 11:01 PM
They were heady days in showjumping for sure. He was a great rider, on some awesome horses. Rgds

Reata
05-06-12, 09:38 PM
They were great days for sure!!:)
Those guys were my heros..way back then.. LOL

skymare
05-06-12, 10:31 PM
I have met Art. Think I was visiting his place to look at his Lippizaner stallion that was his comp horse at the time. I was going to have lessons with him too, but it didn't happen. Think there might have been a clash with work or study or something.

Autumn
06-06-12, 10:51 AM
Tony Uytendaal used to come up this way years ago to give weekend lessons - related???

Pigeon
06-06-12, 03:24 PM
Tony is Art's younger brother (15 years), he had the stallion. He only did dressage. Art mainly did jumping, but did train a lot of dressage horses and riders. There was no money in dressage in those days and it was a matter of surviving. !!

skymare
06-06-12, 04:13 PM
yeah i got confused. seems i met tony the younger brother.

Autumn
06-06-12, 05:10 PM
Tony was a great teacher and used to come up this way once or twice a year and do a whole weekend of lessons. I used to go with my old TB and had a great time!!! Ive still got the notes I took on the weekends.

Reata
06-06-12, 07:19 PM
Tony is still giving dressage lessons and as far as I know still follows more classical methods.
He popped in to meet Harry Whitney a few years ago and also watched some of Philippe Karls lessons.

Remlif
06-06-12, 10:12 PM
I worked for Art & Kerrie, many moons ago! I was there when the '1st' pigeon made itself at home in the stables.
It was a great experience and I learnt heaps. His horses all had individual personalities, as did the clients:/
It was not long after I left that Art had the terrible fall and broke his leg. I have good memories from my time with them.