PDA

View Full Version : The new fellow...

windsweptfarm
24-09-12, 12:35 PM
As I briefly mentioned in my Sally update last week, I was given the opportunity to lease a schoolmaster. After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing on the phone on Saturday, we made a late night trip up the coast to pick him up, and signed the paperwork today!

He's a 16.2, 19yr old TB. A good friend has leased him since the beginning of last year and for the past 3 months they've been up with my friend's coach (who is also my coach). My friend has moved onto a younger horse and hoped I was able to take him on so she knew he would be looked after. He's a bit of a sweetie and I know he's going to teach me an awful lot. Its going to be a big change from Sally, but hopefully I can take what I learn from him and apply it to her.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/windsweptfarm/photo_zpsbfd7ce2e.jpg

And being ridden by my friend

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/windsweptfarm/parlo3_zps896b4039.jpg

Its all rather exciting and I'm looking forward to it.

leesa
24-09-12, 12:46 PM
Congrats WSF.
I hope he's everything you want and more.

horsesRgr8
24-09-12, 02:24 PM
Exciting time ahead for you WSF....are you keeping him where Sally is?

Djangoandjacana
24-09-12, 02:29 PM
Great opportunity WSF. He does look a sweetie.

windsweptfarm
24-09-12, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys!

horsesrgr8, yes for the time being he is at the same place as Sally. Some changes coming into play with all of that in a couple of months as well (yes...more exciting news) but that's a bit more under wraps at present.

Bats_79
24-09-12, 05:09 PM
Good luck wsf. It will be fun to have another horse to ride. But are you going to get upset if I ask - is he always so stressed looking in the mouth when he is ridden?

windsweptfarm
24-09-12, 05:28 PM
Goodness no I won't get upset!

I'm not entirely sure. That photo was from a while ago. I think he is a bit stressy with his mouth at times so I'll see how that goes, and possibly fiddle with the bridle a bit.