PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy dressage

Kilronan
27-11-12, 12:40 PM
Can someone please explain the point of this to me?
Is the horse trained using classic dressage principles? Or western?
Is it just a dressage horse in a western saddle.

jordanpearl
27-11-12, 12:53 PM
looks to me like a horse that is trained in dressage and some reining too? with a well dressed cowboy in a western saddle.

Reata
27-11-12, 01:40 PM
Good riding is good riding, dosen't matter what saddle or hat.
I ride in a slick fork roping saddle and when its hot I have on my straw western style hat.
But no way would I call myself a western rider or what I do cowboy dressage..
I have some photos of people with classical dressage seats. They are not dressage riders and they are not cowboys but most ride in a slick fork wade saddle.
I will try and post the photos if I can..

acaciaalba
27-11-12, 07:21 PM
i cant see an vid ?? if it was posted ??
are you talking about the Israeli bloke ??

kingparrot
29-11-12, 06:24 AM
cowboy dressage , comes from a ix od dressage withthe western

eitan , is a friend of mine, he was in the israeli cavalery , years ago and competed in dressage as well, when he came to america, he saw and liked western and thought why cannot the 2 be combined, done properly it does look great, there are a lotof fors and against just like in any sport

OakyPoke
29-11-12, 01:42 PM
We do western dressage at our shows sometimes. Its a non point scoring event (non sanctioned) but its fun. It allows western riders the opportunity to show off their horses skills doing a dressage test either one handed or two handed and in a western frame and using the horses natural western gaits. And just like dressage you can choose what level you want to compete at. We also run dressage days for the english type/trained horses either alongside a regular western performance show or occasionally just an english dressage comp day.

acaciaalba
29-11-12, 04:21 PM
cowboy dressage , comes from a ix od dressage withthe western

eitan , is a friend of mine, he was in the israeli cavalery , years ago and competed in dressage as well, when he came to america, he saw and liked western and thought why cannot the 2 be combined, done properly it does look great, there are a lotof fors and against just like in any sport

thats him ! i love watching him work . he seems so relaxed. while it may not be classical it sure looks like fun ! would love to have a go !

belambi
29-11-12, 04:35 PM
Not sure.. but I think he is the gentleman that had a heart attack during his part in the opening of Kentucky WEG?