PDA

View Full Version : TV programs music N/h

Djangoandjacana
22-12-12, 09:49 PM
Watching Star Trek Voyager ( yes I know, tragic) which has the most incredibly boring theme tune and thinking about hoe much do I enjoy Ga me of Thrones because of the theme and intro and how much by the program itself?

How much does TV music affect your perception of what you watch?

Jcr
23-12-12, 07:52 AM
Haven't seen GOT, but am reading the books - Gripping!!

You're right the music does affect the perception of the shows! Not something I've really thought about until now, but in hindsight music does add to the story Food for thought while I do my horses....

belambi
23-12-12, 09:30 AM
Watching Star Trek Voyager ( yes I know, tragic) which has the most incredibly boring theme tune and thinking about hoe much do I enjoy Ga me of Thrones because of the theme and intro and how much by the program itself?

Do you think that this music makes these flowers look scaryish?

https://vimeo.com/1980996

Bats_79
23-12-12, 11:17 AM
I have a friend who took years to start watching Voyager due to the music. I think I liked the fact that they were trying to make it a bit "surreal". That said, I don't like the "night club dance beat" in the background of the most recent Doctor Who theme - I think they could have done just as good a job with it without adding that. It still makes me a bit cranky.

Some of the European shows like The Bridge have very haunting introductions - you always feel that the programme might test your wits a bit. I like that.

Bats_79
23-12-12, 11:20 AM
Do you think that this music makes these flowers look scaryish?

https://vimeo.com/1980996

OH VERY WELL DONE Belambi. I was wondering at the beginning if you should have used (if possible) time delayed photography but that would have changed the effect of the crescendo. Have you ever looked at it in black and white?

Speckled Potato
23-12-12, 02:07 PM
The X Files would have been dead boring without the music lol Same with the majority of the Star Wars/Star Trek movies.