PDA

View Full Version : Lower hunter valley ppl very n/h

missys-girl
23-01-13, 02:50 PM
My dad has wanted to try goat for ages, dont know where to get any, some years ago there was someone in the phone book who we rang, never got back to us, said he was starting to get out of it, but was still meant to supply us some goat..anyone know?

Think1st
23-01-13, 03:06 PM
Just googled and this place came up :)

http://www.newcastlecityfarmersmarket.com.au/page17019/StallHolders.aspx?memberid=3056

We enjoyed a lovely goat curry from Raj's corner at Hamilton the other day, save cooking it :)

missys-girl
23-01-13, 03:57 PM
Gosh think1st, I didnt think to google, my brain so isnt fuctioning right now cause im sick, saw cooking goat meat on tv and I was like ohhh goat meat!...thanks for googling for me :)

Dads not a go ouy and eat person, and I do adore cooking anyhow.

Bad Bones
23-01-13, 05:33 PM
In this day & age I would ahve thought just about any butcher could get you in goat meat if you asked.
Just that it would be a special order in some places.
I know there are quite a few people in this area that breed goats for meat. Not sure where they are processed though. But definitely ask a butcher!!
If restaurants can get kangaroo & croc as they do here in town then I'm pretty sure you should be able to get goat meat down in the Hunter.

BB

ashleigh
24-01-13, 12:35 AM
Try the Chicken and Game shop on Bridges Rd in New Lambton. I cant remember if they had goat specifically but they seem to sell every animal under the sun including possum and camel....

missys-girl
24-01-13, 02:40 AM
Oh my possum and camel!!!! Oh now you have made my night!!! I LOVE trying new things (though not willing to try an oyster, seeing as I was told it was like swallowing snot, I can live without that, and offal, I have my own organs) possom, ill soo go there, heard camel either go with mince or must be slow cooked..ohhhh exciting....cant do it till I am up to cooking though, how annoying, knowing its out there, not able to do anything!!!!

rmjens
24-01-13, 02:56 AM
I'm not sure where to buy live goats, but we've had chevon from the butcher at Paterson and it was sourced from a local grower. If I remember correctly, it was a client of my husband's who part paid their bill in goat meat.

We're also up for tasting new things, missys-girl. I adore oysters but my OH has to have them cooked - kilmarnock and the like. We're in Florida at the moment and I'd like to try some of the local specialities.

treacle
24-01-13, 10:01 AM
.... oysters kilmarnock ?

rmjens
25-01-13, 01:13 AM
Lol treacle. We once worked in Kilmarnock. Of course, Oysters Kilpatrick.

missys-girl
25-01-13, 02:04 AM
Funnily enough an ad showed on faceboo,(not so funny really shows facebook can monitor more than what you do on facebook, UNLESS, it really was pure coincidence) rare meat butcher, serves lower hunter, and does deliveries

missys-girl
25-01-13, 02:09 AM
Sorry had to get out of mobile version to post the link
http://www.raremeats.com.au

Actually has more meats than on the site, just seems to,have vasic still on,the site.

I mainly thoight oysters were a raw thing, thought I have to say ive never looked into them, everyone seems to do them raw...maybe cooked might be a go, no snot eating then haha

ashleigh
25-01-13, 10:29 PM
Oh my possum and camel!!!! Oh now you have made my night!!! I LOVE trying new things (though not willing to try an oyster, seeing as I was told it was like swallowing snot, I can live without that, and offal, I have my own organs) possom, ill soo go there, heard camel either go with mince or must be slow cooked..ohhhh exciting....cant do it till I am up to cooking though, how annoying, knowing its out there, not able to do anything!!!!

I went in with a friend who was buying chicken and I was horrified! Not really my thing!

acaciaalba
26-01-13, 12:21 AM
oooo,,,,,,,, isnt eating almost raw meat a bit like being a cannibal ?
i dont want it to moo or baaa when i cut it !
what about eating mountain oysters ?? any one tried them ??

missys-girl
26-01-13, 09:23 AM
A cannibal is eating your own kind, unless your planning on having a slice of human (from the human cannibal killers, apparently the arse cheek is the nicest, but ill not find out by trying haha)....i havent tried raw meat, I have had moments where ill REALLY need rare meat, so might be an iron thing at those times...i do like meat a bit pink...cause mums so freaking annoying about meat never happens, I want to smack ger on,the head every single time I cook meat...yes every time!!!....that cant be cooked yet!!!.....mum would cook a roast to the point that if you threw it at a wall, it made a hole in it.....after ALL the time ive been cooking niw, she says it still....i dont like neat being able to be used as a freaking hockey puk!

skymare
26-01-13, 10:19 AM
AA cannibilism is eating your own kind raw or cooked! my parents brought me up to not fear trying new things. so i can appreciate oysters and raw foods and i'm the better for it. anyway, raw foods are supposed to be better for you. i love my steaks rare and full of flavour and i don't mind the odd beef carpaccio. beef....not human.

acaciaalba
26-01-13, 10:36 AM
yes, folks, i DO know cannabalism is eating human flesh ! it was a joke, you know ?
oh well, humour is alive and well here i see !
i am with RMJens. love those oysters "kilmarnock " ( thats a joke too ),,but not raw meat.