PDA

View Full Version : Horse transport rear ended by semi!

njuro
20-02-13, 10:21 AM
Cambelltown, RNV Transport on the way to Melbourne was rear ended, and tipped over. Several horses dead. Carnage all over the road!

cobie
20-02-13, 10:30 AM
Where'd you get this info Njuro? All reports I've read so far say that only one horse was killed.

Horrible :(

BritK
20-02-13, 10:57 AM
Only 1 horse.

I am feeling so incredibly sorry for Rod, he is such a brilliant and gorgeous person.

We count ourselves very lucky as we had two horses on the truck who have gotten out with minimal damage, and we know they will be in fantastic hands until they arrive here with us.

Bats_79
20-02-13, 11:26 AM
How horrifying for all involved - but we are going to see more and more of it with the "super charged" trucking on the road and the pressure, self and employer imposed, on the drivers. :(

Glad to hear that your horses are okay BritK.

Djangoandjacana
20-02-13, 11:27 AM
Oh god Britk how awful for you and for Rod and especially the owner who lost their horse. Could so easily have been one of mine. Since finding Rod have recommended him to people who buy from me

Kelly Bick
20-02-13, 11:33 AM
Where'd you get this info Njuro? All reports I've read so far say that only one horse was killed.

Horrible :(

Hi Cobie (or anyone else),

Are you able to put up some links to the reports? Thanks

Every horse owners worst nightmare. I hope the driver (Rod?) gets the emotional support he will need at a time like this.

Kelly

Samsdonks
20-02-13, 11:35 AM
Can someone tell me who is rnv. I've got a friend transporting horse down to melb. What transport company is involved ?

munchkins
20-02-13, 11:42 AM
Can someone tell me who is rnv. I've got a friend transporting horse down to melb. What transport company is involved ?

as Njuro said in opening post the company involved is RnV

http://www.facebook.com/pages/R-n-V-Horse-Transport/152165801566336?sk=wall&filter=12

Samsdonks
20-02-13, 01:41 PM
Thanks munchkins, haven't seen this transporter before. I'm in Vic
Friends horse was not on that transporter, but our thoughts go out to all involved.

JCA
20-02-13, 01:45 PM
One horse killed. Extremely sad.

I must say, I don't love the exclamation point on the end of the title of this thread... it feels inappropriate.

cobie
20-02-13, 04:55 PM
Thanks JCA. Bit callous, isn't it? Best to check facts before posting and be a bit more sensitive when it's such a sad situation.