PDA

View Full Version : Would it be a bit weird?

missys-girl
08-12-13, 07:15 PM
Every year i get a present at Christmas for the people i agist off.

Last year i got them a really nice horse clock which they utterly adored...i am thinking this year of making some things (cooking) but i don't know, it kind of feels odd as opposed to buying something so was wondering what people thought.

I was thinking of making a box out of ginger bread and then making white chocolate truffles to put inside and a chocolate ripple cake on a platter (platter they could keep of course)...but yeah, i just don't know..would it seem weird getting these? i have known them for almost 10 years now and they have been awesome people, they used to breed trotters for many many years, still have some because they are iffy about rehoming failed racers so will choose to keep them if need be, the wife adores cows, desexes any she wants to keep for a pet etc to give you an idea of them.

Thoughts?

Red Dun
08-12-13, 08:05 PM
MG - The gingerbread box filled with truffles sounds lovely, and so does the chocolate ripple cake on a platter. I am sure they will like them.

Rosinante
08-12-13, 08:36 PM
Personally, I value gifts made by someone more than a bought one :)

What you have described sounds delightful! I'd be very impressed with a gift like that!

Queen_V
08-12-13, 08:44 PM
So would I. I love receiving home-baked goodies. Yum!

Bats_79
08-12-13, 08:48 PM
You can agist at my place if you like. :D

Chris Hartigan
08-12-13, 09:15 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth Bats :) - Sounds a very nice present and I'm sure would be much appreciated.

pepe001
08-12-13, 09:19 PM
Agree with the others. A nice homemade gift , especially if yummy, is better than a store bought one. My neighbour gives me a box of veges and I love it.

missys-girl
08-12-13, 09:27 PM
Oh awesome, i really thought it might be a bit strange, but feel much better now!!...thanks guys :)

Harriette
09-12-13, 09:45 AM
This christmas I am doing chocolates, biscuits and little fruit cakes. We have bought one parent in law a biiigggg gift to spread over 3 gifting occasions (rolling toolbox) and another parent a cute little garden ornament. Other than my husband, pretty well everyone else gets home made yummies.
Truly though, even when my whole chrissy gift budget was 50, and people got all sorts of homemade gifts, everyone loved them.

'Refill Please' was, and is quite common.

if people dont care that you spent time and effort making gifts, then they can take their creditcards and treat themselves imho.

Generally, i find people are touched that i am giving them a gift.