PDA

View Full Version : Recall note of Sigley interview with Richard Hunter

kalamata (Guest)
31-05-02, 05:33 AM
Have just listended to the interview with Richard Hunter on the Sigley segment 3AW. Also interesting is the comments made by the caller straigh after the interview. Also of interest is the fact that overseas wires are starting to air the story, look out Raffaele sisters!!!

Keep up all the good work. I live in the Southern Tablelands of NSW so am there in soul if not in body.

Richard Hunter from RSPCA has hands locked. Gave owners till last night to grant them access and it didnít happen. Want horse examined by expert people to see if horse needs to be destroyed. Wants to know the present state of the horse Cambridge.

Legal people working on breaking the deadlock. Acts performed by vets are exempt from the Cruelty Act. Stops people from taking action against vets who do ops on horse. Hunter said it needs to be reviewed and changed for situations like this. He proposes to go to Vet Practitioners Board and ask them to carry out an investigation of treatment of the horse if he doesnít get a resolution soon. Legal representation for owners and the treating veterinarian are also trying to get the RSPCA access to the horses. Victorian vet (Horsey) taking advice from Qld expert in laminitis (Pollis). RSPCA needs to deal with Vic vet, not Qld vet. Sisters threatening litigation again various people. Havenít taken action against RSPCA yet. Sisters being uncooperative in granting access. Overseas wires in England and Germany are starting to pick up the story. RSPCA doubtful will get in today. ByY late this afternoon hoping for definite legal advice.

Minister has the same difficulties under Act as does RSPCA. Hunter is hoping the Minister can use his influence to break deadlock between RSPCA and sisters. Minister looking for rapid resolution of situation.

Hunter hopeful that with influence from vet and sisters solicitors that sisters will let RSPCA in there.

Normally the RSPCA has right to go onto land and inspect animals. The Act says that any act carried out by a veterinary is exempt. That means RSPCA canít go in and inspect. Sigley says it is bearocracy gone beserk.

Caller was saying that Cambridge has been there since 1996 in this condition and RSPCA and Minister already knew about this. They were informed originally in 1996. Caller was saying Ray Horsey has had a hip replacement, so how can he have gone out there to look at the horses? Sigley said the RSPCA offered to fly Pollis down to look at horse and he declined. Caller then asked does a vet administer the drugs himself every day? She said that a vet must administer injectable drugs, so the police could be called if the sisters are injecting as it is illegal for anyone unqualified to do so.

Ray Horsey (Guest)
31-05-02, 05:54 AM
I have just rung this vetinary pracyice on the pretext of having Mr Horsey come out and drench a horse. The receptionist was VERY helpful and told me he has not been working for some time and is not due back until mid june. If this is the case how did he inspect and give a report on Cambridge only yesterday?? Please feel free to ring his surgery, I an sure you will get the same story. This is a joke if I can do this then why cant the RSPCA.
I hope no one that uses this forum will ever use Mr Horsey again.

Pommy Pom (Guest)
31-05-02, 06:08 AM
Thanks for this info, I have passed this info onto our legal advisers. Well Done.

Concerned (Guest)
31-05-02, 06:20 AM
Pommy Pom, how can I get in touch with you? I have some firsthand information that may be of use.

Pommy Pom (Guest)
31-05-02, 07:50 AM
You can contact Marcia on her mobile after 5pm today which Marcia has posted on this forum. Sorry, but I really don't want to give out contact numbers at this stage.

Concerned (Guest)
31-05-02, 08:11 AM
Thanks Pommy Pom. I'll be in touch with her tonight.

judi (Guest)
31-05-02, 09:03 AM
Let's hear Ray Horsey's side of the story before we hang and draw him. He is one of the most professional and knowledgeable Horse vets in Victoria and I am sure there is a lot more to this than meets the eye.
Does anyone know what was on the vet certificate? Maybe it just acknowledged that he had been asked to look at the horse at some stage??? Maybe a long time ago??? Do we know what his recommendations were at the time??? Who knows?
Yes, Ray is my vet and I would entrust him with my horses - and my children for that matter under any circumstance. He is usually very straight to the point. He is honest and fair dinkum. He actually told the owner of a mare agisted at our property that she was being unrealistic and unfair trying to keep a brood mare which had chronic founder 12 months of the year. On the other hand he has gone way past the call of duty to do everything in his power for other horses in need. This hip operation was needed 2 years ago, but he is so much in demand he just couldn't get the time to have the op until it got desperate.
Let's please give him a chance to defend himself!

Also (Guest)
31-05-02, 09:56 AM
I have also called out Ray Horsey on a saturday afternoon as the Vet Clinic is not open on Saturday afternoons to a foundered pony a couple of years back. I found him to be most professional and he explained treatment and the causes of founder. He administed a shot of bute, and provided a weeks supply. He suggested that the pony be kept in a confined area (stable and day yard) on wood shavings for at least a week and fed grass hay. After this time could be taken for a walk and then gradually released back on to grass. Pony survived. I don't believe that he would agree to the way these horses are kept.

Please do not throw stones until you have all facts as it is this vets reputation you are dealing with.

Observer (Guest)
31-05-02, 10:25 AM
I am guessing that the sisters have threatened Dr Horsey with legal action - I don't know why or what on grounds but with their excellent track record in successful litigation I would be concerned too if I was their vet.

Either way, I feel really sorry for him. My guess is that he has backed his way into a corner with these sisters and no matter which way he turns they will sue him - for incompetency etc etc etc.

Ray Horsey (Guest)
31-05-02, 10:56 AM
Come off it ...he was quoted in the paper and on this forum by Marcia as the vet that gave the examination. I don't care how much money they owe him(which I believe is quite a bit) or how good a vet he is, he can not have examined Cambridge this week
so how can he say the horse is getting the best of care. The pony he treated on a Sat afternoon I bet you payed plenty for his services!
Yes he is an excellent, well respected vet but I still would now never use him after him having treated Cambridge for some time before his (Rays) operation. It should NEVER have got to this.
Ask the polo people who have lived beside them day in day out.
They tell me it is rare to ever see Cambridge stand and it has been that way for a LONG time.

Macca (Guest)
31-05-02, 11:34 AM
Ray is a great bloke and even a greater horse vet. I don't believe he would willingly let this horse suffer.
I would like to hear his side of all this before I pass judgement. He has always treated my horses and I believe my faith in him will be justified.

Knowing (Guest)
31-05-02, 12:31 PM
I don't think anyone is questionig this vet's integrity, I think it is more the fact that the horse has been treated for so long. I too, think that Ray Horsey is a reputable vet. The question on everyone's lips is how long is long enough? And if the treatment for this horse has been solely in the care of Mr Horsey, which I think not. Its like a car which constantly gets dented, how long do you keep panel beating it? Agree, slanderous comments on this vet's name is not going to solve anything, rather it make us all look like a bunch of idiots if the RSPCA vets decide that Horsey has been doing the right thing.What they have to do along with the Vet Practice Board is interpret how long has the animal suffered and how long is long enough?

midnight (Guest)
31-05-02, 12:56 PM
WHAAAATTTT!@!!!!!!! Are you in your ignorance and total abysmal stupidity , "Knowing", comparing Cambridge - a LIVE (in case you forgot) HORSE - with a car that constantly keeps getting dented??????

Oh go away ....

Acubra (Guest)
31-05-02, 01:39 PM
I have been keeping up to date with this matter and my concern is what do we really know about this horse's condition, what is really under those bandages, and what state are his hooves (if he has any) really in. Is'nt it maybe possible that poor Cambridge has some disease not found in this country that is being kept quiet. If we believe so then Australian Customs/Quarantine should be contacted so that they can investigate and find out what is really going on.

horsemad
31-05-02, 01:51 PM
I also heard the interview as I logged onto listen via the internet (as I live interstate) and heard at least half of the interview with Richard Hunter and then stayed logged onto until he went to an ad break which was three calls after Richard had finished being interviewed. Having worked in the horse industry on a stud, as a polo groom and also with a vet and having had one of our horses founder I still shake my head that the evil sisters have allowed Cambridge to live in pain for this long, but then again we all know that they cannot be human if they allow this to continue. Despite reading all the posts and support for Marcia and her army I was still shocked at actually hearing them talk about on the radio. I have tried to get the radio station I listen to here to mention something about these stallions on the radio but to no avail so far. At least I have one of the hosts of the morning program asking me for updates, which I have been providing pretty much on a daily basis. I will still be sending off more letters and emails over the next couple of days, particularly to all the politicans I know. I have already received a reply back our local Federal MP fully supporting what we are doing, and hopefully he will start putting pressure on John Howard so that we can get the laws changed so that no other state has to go through this process and let any other animal suffer like Cambridge is at present. When I spoke to my mother tonight, she is not a really horsey person, she said the book should be thrown at them and they should never be allowed to own any animals again.

If anyone hears when Ernie, Derryn or Jeff are going to talk about this issue please advise via this site so that I can try and log in and listen.

Avril (Guest)
31-05-02, 02:14 PM
Ernie talks every day about the horses. 3AW (1278 AM) from 12

midnight (Guest)
01-06-02, 01:54 AM
Sorry, Knowing - I was angry with that idiot "Arthur" last night, plus the fact that it was yet another day for this poor horse to live in misery, and got a bit carried away. You make a good point.

Something else to consider is that perhaps Dr. Horsey would be delighted to have this matter taken out of his hands. It's more than likely that the Raffaeles have threatened all kinds of litigation should the horse die at his hands.

They'll probably sue him anyway - poor guy.

ohnny's Mum (Guest)
01-06-02, 02:09 AM
You are right Midnight - I know nothing of Ray Horsey, but I feel a bit sorry for him. My feeling about these two women, having been there last Sunday, listened to what they had to say (which turns out to be a litany of total lies) and watched them come across to some as being quite rational, is that they attack every situation on the basis of being able to sue whoever they are dealing with at some point in the relationship. Dr. Horsey is probably watching his back big time right now, and I have no doubt they would have manouvered him into a no win situation - for him. I might be wrong, but these two really are parasites. The most important issue here of course, is Cambridge, and his sons, but it really gripes me too, is that these two are basically holding WPEC to ransom - why the hell should they be able to use and abuse OUR Equestrian Centre facilities. Who the hell do they think they are. The centre is there for the use of all the horse fraternity, and 99.9% of us treat it with the respect necessary, and follow the rules. That these two can get away with their abuse of the system really makes my blood boil. It's just WRONG!!!!

on litigation (Guest)
01-06-02, 03:08 AM
just wondering...
Marcia has been rather quiet the last few days, I hope that she hasn't been threatened by the sisters too....??

and again on the same note, why don't we, as an industry, sue the evil sisters for the damage they have done to us and our reputation as producers of horses of international standard?
If the news wires are getting hold of this around the world now, this makes us look terrible, particularly after our performance at the Olympics...............

trish (Guest)
01-06-02, 03:16 AM
I say enough is enough , they[RSPCA,WP,HORSEY and everyone else they seem to be threatening] need to get some back bone, stuff these Raffael sisters play them at their own game, say ''sue me''cost money to do that , and time and I feel with all this information that has come to light , anyone they try to sue now will be in a much stronger position to say get stuffed!! sorry but its pretty pathetic when you have government bodies , and groups who should wield more muscle than two sick twisted sisters who think they know the letter of the law, not pressing forward, they just seem to be passing the buck. As for this vet and the one in QLD sorry they should stand up and be accountable for their actions what ever they are , not hide behind a'' no comment''when they became vets they swear a hippocratic oath which I believe states they should help an animal in need or something like that , surely if they cannot see that Cambridge is suffering and has done for such a long time , why in gods name are they vets ,what to make money , sorry give me a carring vet any day over a money hungry one x(.

Amy (Guest)
01-06-02, 04:02 AM
I have tried to tune into this station but can't seem too.

I'd appreciated it if someone could post what Ernie says today on here.

Thanks!

kalamata (Guest)
01-06-02, 04:19 AM
>I have been keeping up to
>date with this matter and
>my concern is what do
>we really know about this
>horse's condition, what is really
>under those bandages, and what
>state are his hooves (if
>he has any) really in.
> Is'nt it maybe possible
>that poor Cambridge has some
>disease not found in this
>country that is being kept
>quiet. If we believe
>so then Australian Customs/Quarantine should
>be contacted so that they
>can investigate and find out
>what is really going on.
>

Dear Acubra

I really don't think this is possible as under the law a veterinarian must report any suspicious animal desase to the State District vet at the State's Department of Agriculture. In such a case quarantine is set up immediately while awaiting laboratory results and the Chief Veterinary Officer of the State is notified.

midnight (Guest)
01-06-02, 04:23 AM
Amy the address I have at the top of my thingy says
http://www.3aw.com.au/main.shtml

Try that.

Let us in on it (Guest)
01-06-02, 09:45 AM
Pommy or anyone else in the know. What is going on? Official looking gentlemen were at the centre yesterday, believed to be R.S.P.C.A. and the farrier treating Cambridge as well. What aren't we being told?

Johnny's Mum (Guest)
01-06-02, 11:09 AM
Why aren't we being told.....................well, the people running this thing have fulltime jobs, horses of their own to care for, kids, husbands, lives, and all the rest of it. They can also only be in one place at a time, and keep in mind that it will not help to put some of what they know at this stage on a public forum. They will need to keep some knowledge quiet at times, to allow us to get one up on these parasites. Be patient, believe me, Marcia Blondie and Pommy Pom are working tirelessly, and no-one could do it better!!

Chill Pill (Guest)
01-06-02, 11:30 AM
Midnight believe what you are reading. By all indication it is time for your medication. Go and take one of your chill pills before you return to 'normal' and scare everyone!