PDA

View Full Version : ANSA vs Hacks

XPY (Guest)
24-09-02, 01:25 AM
Can anyone tell me the difference? Is there a particular type we're looking for in an ANSA?

I ask as I had a judge ask ME?! on the weekend what ANSA stood for?!!!!!

So in light of that, if the judge doesn't know what they are looking for or what the objectives of the association are, does anyone?

Thanks in advance for your comments,
Phoebs

competitior (Guest)
24-09-02, 01:35 AM
ANSA stands for australian national saddle horse. Ansa classes are not nessessarilly for hacks but a register for horses that are a good saddle horse type.

Cgh (Guest)
24-09-02, 03:19 AM
Sooo, what does that really mean? What's the diff between a hack and a Saddle Horse type? Can the SH be a heavier type? What heights are preferred? Any colour regs?

Interested....not have a go :D

XPY (Guest)
24-09-02, 08:13 AM
Cgh, I guess that's what I'm getting at, what is a saddlehorse type? Can anyone define it?
I know what ANSA stands for, just worried when the judge doesn't so doesn't know what type to look for. On the day it was judged like just another hack class.

Cgh, yes coloured horses can be registered (I've seen them anyway), must be over 14hh (I guess it is like the big horse equivalent of the Australian Saddle Pony Association). If they haven't been bred ANSA then they have to be classified, on general comformation, and paces of walk, trot and canter.