PDA

View Full Version : HOTY Thread

cm (Guest)
23-10-02, 11:43 AM
Don't tell me the HOTY thread has been locked....

Have come on tonite to check out further posts on the HOTY results thread. When I checked it out 4.30pm, having started as an enjoyable discussion it was beginning to degenerate into the usual crap we get on here. Well done you select, ditasteful few. Once again you have contorted things and tainted our sport. I hope you are pleased with yourselves.

GG girl. (Guest)
23-10-02, 12:08 PM
I went to Canberra for HOTY, what a great show. The quality of horses that made it into the final, where as good as you would see in any Champ line up at at Royal. Congratulations to you all .
The judges did a graet job,it would have been a hard task.
All Champs and res where worthy winners.
I thought the show was very well run, good stables, and a nice arena. I think the announcer did a great job.You new when you where on and they announced ribbon winners, as they awarded the prizes. A nice touch. You could here him at the stables, so at
least you new what was happening down at the ring.
As a competitor Thankyou to Jeremy, the great little steward who worked his tail off to keep us all calm.
I also liked the fact that every horse got a work out in there open.At least you cant say you werent seen. WELL DONE SHC, I
would travel to Canberra next year for 2 days of good comp. After all we all drive that far for the Royal for four days showing, and may not have as many classes.
P.S. I also loved the ribbons, and will treasure the silver medallion.

Graham Colvin (Guest)
23-10-02, 12:43 PM
totally agree cm just logged in 20mins ago,to check,a friend told me there was only good positive stuff,so what happened was it another bad loser.

cm (Guest)
23-10-02, 01:30 PM
No Graham, not a bad loser (as in competitor) - just a smart mouth loser bagging the general discussion as to the pro's & con's of this show and pointedly taking a swipe at EFA show. It had been a very good thread up till then and there was absolutely no cause for it to go down that all too familiar path.
Very disappointing for all of us who had posted their positive thoughts and words of encouragement to the committee etc.

chump chops (Guest)
23-10-02, 01:52 PM
How irritating, that we can't even browse over the results of the show without someone spoiling it. For God's sake, all most people want to know are the results, not only the opens but the prelims and amateur owners etc. Is there anywhere that the results will be published (for those of us who choose not to turn info into a bitch session???

Thanks if you can help

Helen Kirton (Guest)
23-10-02, 02:41 PM
I have just received an email from Bob Hoyer the Ringmaster with all the results. I have emailed it to Emma's site - it is a Word document. If anyone can tell me how to get it on here without having to sit and re-type it, I will try and get it on here too.

Emma Rudder
23-10-02, 11:50 PM
THE 2002 NATURE VET NSW HORSE OF THE YEAR SHOW
Here you go Helen, I've also post it on the site later on this morning. If anyone has any photos that they are proud to email to me I will also upload these also to compliment the results.

emmasshowhorses@aol.com

Again - Congratulations to everyone!

EXHIBITION PARK CANBERRA
SATURDAY 19 & SUNDAY 20 OCTOBER
RESULTS

SMALL SADDLE PONIES
Finalists
ELKEN RUFFIAN (‘ANGEL PARK' OLIVER, P C & K A)
HEADLEY PARK FANCY THAT (COLVIN, G & AIRD, J)
KOORANA SONGBIRD (STANSFIELD PARK & BURGE, KYLIE)
LANGTREE GIGGLES (CRISP, OLIVIA)
LAURAMY TOP GUN (ROBINSON, G & A)
SILKWOOD SEVENTH HEAVEN (DE LEEUW & WITHERS)
2002 “NATURE VET” SMALL SADDLE PONY OF THE YEAR
SILKWOOD SEVENTH HEAVEN
RUNNER-UP
KOORANA SONGBIRD

LARGE SADDLE PONIES
Finalists
BAMBOROUGH LADY LUCK (BAMBOROUGH STUD & FIRTH FAMILY)
BECKWORTH RISING JOYETTE (STANSFIELD PARK)
CHIPPENHAM WARRANT (CLEARY, MISS L)
HEADLEY PARK CASANOVA (LYONS, J & SWAIN, V)
HELDEN PARK CATWALK (JOHNSTON, BLAKE)
RIBBONWOOD MARDI GRAS (WELLS FAMILY)
ROYALWOOD MERRY MUSIC (PRESTWIDGE, MRS J)
SYON SUGAR BABY (IMP) (PRESTWIDGE, MRS J)
2002 “NATURE VET” LARGE SADDLE PONY OF THE YEAR
CHIPPENHAM WARRANT
RUNNER-UP
ROYALWOOD MERRY MUSIC

SADDLE GALLOWAYS
Finalists
BIGARA PARK POETRY (EVERINGHAM, G)
HEADLEY PARK BART (TARRANT, MARK, COLVIN, G & HEADLEY PARK)
LOST LADY (WHELAN FAMILY & BECK, GINA)
LOWLYNN PAVOROTTI (DENGATE, MISS KYLIE)
ROTHWELL BY APPOINTMENT (TRAVERS, VICTORIA)
ROTHWELL IN THE LIMELIGHT (LAMBETH, MRS L & PRESTWIDGE, MRS J)
ROTHWELL KIND REGARDS (DE LEEUW, WITHERS & ELLIS)
ROYALWOOD COUNTY SQUIRE (CULLEN, EDWINA L H)
STYLE (ROBERTS, ASHLEY & AIRD FAMILY)
WILLOWCROFT REGAL DESIGN (McBEATH, PAM)
2002 “NATURE VET” SADDLE GALLOWAY OF THE YEAR
LOST LADY
RUNNER-UP
ROTHWELL IN THE LIMELIGHT

SADDLE HORSES
ALLURING (WILKES, MISS E & CONTE, MS A)
CARRY THE GOLD (EVANS, CLAIRE)
CRUSH (STANSFIELD PARK & CORNEY, L G)
DELTA DARK PRINCE (STANSFIELD PARK & VANDERVLIET, ANNA)
DON'T DISTURB (BROWN, REBECCA)
EMPIRE (TRENEMAN, MRS FRANCENE & FAMILY)
LUNCH ABROAD (PRESTWIDGE, MRS J)
MANUSCRIPT (WHITEHOUSE, B & BECK, G)
RANSOM (FLOOD, B W)
SAFARI (MILLER, D B & PAGET, J S)
2002 “NATURE VET” SADDLE HORSE OF THE YEAR
LUNCH ABROAD
RUNNER-UP
MANUSCRIPT

2002 “SKYVIEW TRAILERS” SHOW HUNTER PONY OF THE YEAR
OWENDALE LEMON TWIST (TRENEMAN, MISS KATE & FAMILY)
RUNNER-UP
MANORVALE TATTLER (MANORVALE PARTNERSHIP)

2002 “TRANQUILL PARK” SHOW HUNTER GALLOWAY OF THE YEAR
SARADALE SECRETS (de ROOY, M & J)
RUNNER-UP
OAKLEY HAY MISS MOLLY (LYONS, J & SWAIN, V)

2002 SHOW HUNTER HORSE OF THE YEAR
STRATFORD MIMIC (WALKER-ROSS, MAREE)
RUNNER-UP
DI CAPRIO (MARTIN, J & P)

CHAMPION LED PONY HACK
BAMBOROUGH MANNEQUIN (BAMBOROUGH STUD & FIRTH FAMILY)
RESERVE

CHAMPION LED GALLOWAY HACK
BAMBOROUGH BOSUN (FRIEND, LES & MAUREEN)
RESERVE
ROTHWELL IN THE LIMELIGHT (LAMBETH, MRS L & PRESTWIDGE, MRS J)

CHAMPION LED HACK
WILARI (TUMA-WEBB, MELISE & McGLONE, BRITTNEY)
RESERVE
LUNCH ABROAD (PRESTWIDGE, MRS J)

CHAMPION JUNIOR EQUESTRIAN PONY
OWENDALE LEMON TWIST (TRENEMAN, MISS KATE & FAMILY)
RESERVE
ELKEN RUFFIAN (ANGEL PARK' OLIVER, P C & K A)

CHAMPION JUNIOR EQUESTRIAN GALLOWAY
RESERVE
CIMARRON BRIGHT LAD (ROBINSON, JESSICA)

CHAMPION JUNIOR EQUESTRIAN HACK
RESERVE
DYLLAN (RITCHIE, LIZZY)

CHAMPION NEWCOMMER PONY HACK
CALWALLA PRIMA DONNA (AIRD, MISS V & LESTER, J)
RESERVE
OAKVALE SYMPHONY (DAWN, A & E)

CHAMPION NEWCOMMER GALLOWAY HACK
MAYFLOWER BUMBLEBEE (MICKLETHWAITE, LUCY)
RESERVE
SPRINGFIELD FESTIVITY (BYRNE, MRS PATRICIA)

CHAMPION NEWCOMMER HACK
NINJA'S PEAK (KIRTON, MISS H M & KENZIG, MR M A)
RESERVE
PARI (THE BASSETT FAMILY)

CHAMPION PRELIMINARY PONY HACK
BOLAGAMY SINCERITY (BOLAGAMY PARTNERSHIP)
RESERVE

CHAMPION PRELIMINARY GALLOWAY HACK
BIGARA PARK POETRY (EVERINGHAM, G)
RESERVE
BEAUFORT HEIRESS (BEAUFORT NUTRITION PTY LTD)

CHAMPION PRELIMINARY HACK
RESERVE
KENT (TOLSON, JANE & GARDNER, NANCY)

CHAMPION AMATEUR PONY HACK
ELKEN RUFFIAN (ANGEL PARK' OLIVER, P C & K A)
RESERVE
LANDERVALE BOSANOVER (FOWLER, RENAE JEAN)

CHAMPION AMATEUR GALLOWAY HACK
RESERVE
LOWLYNN PAVOROTTI (DENGATE, MISS KYLIE)

CHAMPION AMATEUR HACK
SAIL ABROAD (WINNETT, S & A)
RESERVE
DELTA DARK PRINCE (STANSFIELD PARK & VANDERVLIET, ANNA)

“HEADLEY PARK RIDING PONIES” CHAMPION JUNIOR RIDER OF THE YEAR
COURTNEY ELIZABETH HERD
RESERVE
MISS A L REID

CHAMPION SENIOR RIDER OF THE YEAR
ALICE WINNETT
RESERVE
HAYLEY PRESTON

CHAMPION ADULT RIDER OF THE YEAR
MARK TARRANT
RESERVE
BELINDA ADAMS

“PAULINE FALKINER MEMORIAL” SMARTEST ON PARADE
BROOKE A FIRTH

imported_bill
24-10-02, 12:29 AM
The original thread was canned because it had started to go down the all too familiar muck raking path.

It was a pity as many people had contributed results and positive feedback which collectively represented a lot of work. I suppose the people making the smart alec comments are like vandals everywhere. Too ignorant to come up with positive thoughts of their own so they take a can of spray paint and destroy someone else's hard work.

Its a pity we have such morons in our midst.

SHOW GIRL (Guest)
24-10-02, 12:32 AM
Thankyou Emma for all the results, I did not compete but I went As a spectator on the Sunday. It was great to sit out at the ring on the seating and be so close to the action. I agree with
the earlier post I also felt the quality of horses where very high. I compete in the Hack ring so dont often get to watch the other events, even though manynof the same faces compete in the smaller horses ring. I also thought the winners where deserving.
The Hack is a Beautiful mare, Lost Ladys work was perfection,
the large pony even thought Young worked very well, balanced and soft, the small pony is a beautiful Pony, But so was the Heldon Park Pony, and the winners workout I felt was very green.The
runner up was also a very dear pony,but gave a lot away in size.
Worked very well for such a little dot.
In the galloways I love the young horse Peter Rich rode, and I think Kylie Dengate would have been a contender but her loverly galloway worked a bit bright on the day. Well done to A Roberts
on her horse Style, she was only a little girl and went out and worked with all Pro adults, and did avery polished workout on a nice little horse.
In the hacks Manuscript did a loverly workout, congrats GINA
your horses are a picture, and I like Fran Trenemans hack
very much.
LOOK they all where the juges choices, and they did a very good job. I didnot think politics seemed to play a part, what a nice change. Next year I would spend the money and drive down as a competior, but it was a joy to be a spectator and play the lady for the day, Give me some feed back competitors WHAT DID YOU THINK!

cm (Guest)
24-10-02, 03:37 AM
Nicely put Show Girl, what is maddening about this thread is that most of us had already posted similiar thoughts to yours on the previous thread that has since been locked. It was a great discussion that got "vandalised". Bill, can't you erase the crap and repost the good stuff????

Knox (Guest)
24-10-02, 07:44 AM
I had a post on the initial thread before it disappeared. Agree with you Showgirl on the Small Pony. You said Heldon Park. You mean HEADLEY PARK, in fact Headley Park Fancy That. I and around 15 others at ringside had it as the Winner or R/Up.Most agreed the Headley Park pony worked better than 7th Heaven. That was the problem I stated in the initial post. How could they have put her worse than 3rd.

We all know that she is a lovely type, compact, with great conformation. That's how she won EFA POTY. At Canberra, she worked 100 times better and goes DOWN???

Was rather puzzled by the great variety in type on display in the finals. Manorvale Opening Night didn't even make the finals. What's the Go!!! Perhaps there were other agendas we don't know about.

As per you other points, 'Showgirl'.

It was excellent show congrat's to all. Yes Bigara Park Poetry, is sure to be a top Galloway of the future. Ashley rode Style very well, and deserved better. Headley Park Bart I thought very well. A ver honest Galloway. Always up there!! Shame he can't get to the Grand National next year.

Large Ponies deserving of results. Very strong class at present.

Disappointed in The Hack line up, not taking anything from Joanne & Gina. These two were deserving of their finish. Plenty of good Hacks got the gate early. e.g Mystique & Hot Shot, to name a few.

Anyway that's showing. Well done to all.

SHOW GIRL (Guest)
24-10-02, 08:27 AM
Sorry- knox, I did mean Headly Park, Im not very good on the key board, congrats to Mr Colvin for breeding some loverly ponies.
I also wanted anyone prehaps who is involved with the show to let
me know how to become a member, so I can compete at there shows.
Thankyou.

Interested in Results. (Guest)
24-10-02, 09:48 AM
Emma,
Do you know who made the top 5-? in each age division in the riding classes, there where some names missing that usually
do well, wondered if they made the finals or what happened

showie (Guest)
24-10-02, 10:22 AM
what were the final point scores for the small ponies and also the large ponies? It would be great to find out what the difference was. Thanks, in advance.

points (Guest)
24-10-02, 11:40 AM
The lovely Silkwood seventh heaven was a winner from far, as all three judges presented her with 1st place and runner up got 2, 2 and a three.

chump chops (Guest)
24-10-02, 11:52 AM
Thank you Helen and Emma for the comprehensive results. Congrats to all competitors. Great to see a mixed bag of results which indicates that our sport is in a healthy state and that the judges were able to make their own decisions.

ps: readers,please if you are going to discuss the results, do so tactfully everyone, so we can maintain our already healthy discussion (unlike last thread)

alex (Guest)
24-10-02, 03:13 PM
well, can't believe the last thread was locked

I missed out on comments I was hoping to read. Can anyone tell me how the hacks worked without creating too much bitchiness. Surely this can be done without saying awful things about people

Hack Rider (Guest)
24-10-02, 11:18 PM
Knox ,
On the subject of the small ponies, I dont usually take any notice of this event, to tied up looking after my big horses,
But I did on sunday, and I must say they where delightful.
I know that a few of the ponies where younger and may have needed larger riders, but the look of the little ponies with the dear little girls on them captured my heart,
Beautiful little ponies with very capable little jockys that even if the ponies made a little bo bo they just keep on with the bussiness, not like in our ring where we have to ride circles
or go for the spurs or whip on our big boys.I thought both the two big bow winners where gorgous. Good on you kids, I agree with you Knox the Headley park ponie was very pretty, maybe it will be its turn next year, when its a bit older.
It was a very hard line up, congats to all finalist,I wish I made it that far.

Hack Fan (Guest)
25-10-02, 01:44 AM
Also without bitchiness, please. There were a few expected finalists missing out in the Hack Final 10. What happened to Cards, Prada, Hush and Mystique? Did they get the gate or did they not compete? Seems an unusual final line up.

DST (Guest)
25-10-02, 01:57 AM
I wondered also where Prada was when I saw the results - did she compete? Also who rode Bigara Park Poetry for Genny Everingham or did Genny?

Hack Rider (Guest)
25-10-02, 02:14 AM
I know Cards did not start, I cant remember seeing Prada, but may have just missed him, I know Mystique started I didnt see the workout though, a lovery mare I think Belinda probably
wouldnt have been to upset though, after her great Sat night result in her rider- Fantastic!
Peter Richardson rode Gennys galloway and did a great job in a snaffle- very pretty.

Kate (Guest)
25-10-02, 09:25 AM
Neither Prada nor Cards started, don't know about Hush.

Jeremy Fan (Guest)
25-10-02, 10:04 AM
Ca'nt agree more re Jeremy, he was just fantastic he kept everyone organised and was just so pleasant to both junior and senior riders. Jeremy you're a legend (I'm not his girlfriend or mother).