View Full Version : Have I Bought A "Paddle?"

28-01-03, 05:47 PM
I've just bought a 14" Triumph saddle (old old old) and wonder if this is what's called a paddle? It has very small under flaps, they really only come to where the gullet stops, then have small curved pieces of leather under them to go under the girth straps. Is this a paddle? Any info gratefully received :)

chap (Guest)
29-01-03, 01:21 AM
No it is a old english saddle, not a paddle

Another (Guest)
29-01-03, 05:16 PM
If it looks a bit like a jockey's saddle, but has a semi-flexible tree (so that the flaps can go from skinny pony to fat pony), then I think it's called a pony pince/pinch.

29-01-03, 06:03 PM
No this is definitely made to fit a roly poly pony and nothing but :) I just haven't ever seen a saddle like this before (it has a very flat seat) so just wondered what it was.
Now does anyone know how to get the leather looking respectable again?