PDA

View Full Version : Batemans Bay - is there horses/equestrain centre?

Mover & Shaker (Guest)
17-02-03, 12:21 PM
Hi, I am moving to Batemans Bay and would like to know if there are a horsey community there too! Also, is there an PC & Equestrian Centre? Is there any hack shows in the area?

Anything horsey regarding BB would be greatly appreciated!

Sonja (Guest)
18-02-03, 02:08 AM
I grew up there but am largely out of touch with the scene now. You've got all the usual pony clubs, B Bay PC is located at Surf Beach, also Milton, Tomakin and Moruya Pony Clubs, if they all still exist. There is the Eurobodalla Dressage Association, they run their comps at Moruya which is half an hour south of B Bay. You've also got the Mirabooka One Day Event which is run a couple of times a year over a great course just south of Moruya. Moruya Show is on at the end of January, you're also nicely placed to be in touch with the competition scene in and around Nowra. Moruya has a racecourse, so there is a nice supply of ex-racehorses in the area. :) I never knew of a riding school as such in my time, but there are some good instructors around the area.

Mover & Shaker (Guest)
18-02-03, 03:15 AM
Thank you Sonja that is very helpful! Do you know of any agistment in that area? We are looking to buy a property there with facilites but would like to agist when we first move. Thanks

Sonja (Guest)
18-02-03, 04:07 AM
Depends on which area you want to move to, there are lots of farmlets everywhere so it shouldn't be a problem finding somewhere. Dunns Creek Rd is out the back of Surf Beach, if you can find agistment there it is handy to the Pony club. Other areas where there are farms are Mogo, Long Beach Rd, East Lynne, places like that. Just ask around, I'm sure you'll find something, look on produce store notice boards, etc.