PDA

View Full Version : Who got rain?

Autumn
24-05-03, 02:26 AM
With the rain that has been falling through out VIC and Sydney at present, how much did you get?

me at Newmerella (near Orbost, VIC) has had about 20mm overnight. Marlo just down the road got 51mm.

deliveryhorse
24-05-03, 02:41 AM
Autumn,

Lucky you.....
I'm at Marshall (Western Vic) we only got 6mm, it all went your way.

Autumn
24-05-03, 02:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 23-May-03 AT 10:57AM (AEST)[p]LAST EDITED ON 23-May-03 AT 10:57*AM (AEST)

well actually..........this is the first time in 2 weeks that we got rain !!! It's 'looked' like rain for weeks but we barely got a drop. There where good falls in central VIC and some western parts but I think its been very patchy.

check out weekly rain bulletin at the BOM - go to http://www.bom.gov.au - choose 'VICTORIA', then, 'Obserations index', then 'weekly rain bulletin'.

Claud
24-05-03, 03:10 AM
I am in Western NSW, and basically we went even go there.........

Nearly forgot what rain is............. (sigh)

Jane1
24-05-03, 03:42 AM
Well we are just south of Sydney and I had enough rain last week to last me a while. There was more rain in the one week than any time since 1964! The farm was flooded, roads cut, everything was wet, cold, muddy and miserable. Apparently if it had lasted another day or so it would have been the most rain ever! So I have been VERY happy to see the sun this week.

Kylie27
24-05-03, 03:48 AM
I agist my horses in Melton and we never got a drop that I know of. We practically never do, to be honest. Obviously not in a rain belt.

Agent 86
24-05-03, 06:49 AM
*sigh* we got rain and lots of it. Everything from stable to paddocks were underwater, and now after so much hard work my horse has a stone bruise and HOTY coming up in two days!

eeeeeeeek

Johnnys Mum
24-05-03, 06:55 AM
Hi Autumn - here at Somerville on the Mornington Peninsula, we got quite a bit over the past 7 - 10 days - everything is greening up beautifully. The weather comes from the west, so we seem to have got most of it before it got to you! The water storage is still pretty poor though - don't know how the catchment areas are going - haven't been listening to the weather much lately. From memory, water storage is down to about 40% - not good.

How about us CH's get together and do one of those rain dances that those women did a couple of months ago - we might be able to scare something enough to drop some more wet stuff LOLOL

shantel
25-05-03, 04:09 AM
We had 13.5 inches in 3 days on the mid north coast,it rained for over 3 weeks...my horses have really bad scurf wherever the rugs didnt touch.yukkkkk finally sunny but chilly

MandyE
25-05-03, 11:38 AM
OH, it's been WONDERFUL!!!!! Water in the tanks, grass growing, horses feeling frisky, dams starting to fill....

At Strath Creek, (near Seymour), we've had over two inches in the last two weeks, the first rain we got was a good inch overnight about two weeks ago.

We've actually got just the right amount of mud, if you know what I mean!! It's so NICE not to have a mouth full of dust everytime I go outside.

The only drawback was the rain at Riddells Creek for the TTT Horse Trials for the cross-country day, and the lovely sloppy MUD at the end of the day for the mass exodus!!!