PDA

View Full Version : Riding Schools

Stormin
12-07-03, 07:28 AM
Just seeking some advice on where I could find a riding school or instructor in the Brisbane area. I am currently horseless due to my work committments and had to sell all my horses when I transfered to Brisbane twelve months ago and am missing riding let alone my companions terribly. So I was hoping someone could suggest a school or a horsey person who offers lessons etc on a school horse. I have ridden and shown at Royal level and would just like to try and keep a hand in until I can find a suitable place to have horses again. So if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.........

LisaL
12-07-03, 08:05 AM
a) which side of Brisbane are you on?
b) are you interested in exercising horses? (endurance/show)

Stormin
12-07-03, 08:16 AM
Hi Lisa L,
I'm on the North side just on the edge of the city. I haven't ridden since the horse of the year finals at werribee in Vic last year, so a bit rusty, but I'm sure I'd pick it back up quick enough. What do you need done??

LisaL
12-07-03, 08:57 AM
I'm on southside but hopefully some of the other brisbanites can help you out with schools/instructors closer to you.

if you contact the Qld Endurance Federation, or ask on the endurance lists (yahoo groups) you can find people who need their endurance horses ridden there. I know of one stud who's been put onto an exercise rider that way, the person wanted to get back into horses, contacted the QERA, went along to watch, went for a few 'trial' rides then was referred to people who needed riders to get their horses fit.

Lisa

Integrity
12-07-03, 09:22 AM
I"m on the northside too. GIve me a call
0410 485039 or email hsvbec@hotmail.com

I know of a few.

cheers bec

Stormin
13-07-03, 12:56 AM
Thanks heaps LisaL and Bec. Bec I will give you a call to see what we can come up with. LisaL, thank you for the suggestions I'll hopefully sort something out! I have to say the net hasn't been a huge help searching for information, so your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Is there any showies who need a strapper, person to help work horses down etc here?? I don't really know the circuit here and thought it could be a good way to learn where all the shows etc are.

Integrity
14-07-03, 02:41 AM
yeah me next sunday! LOL
Samford Show