PDA

View Full Version : horsey xmas presents

primbelljoy
02-12-03, 02:51 PM
Nearly xmas the tree went up today.Has anyone got any good ideas of something novel yet practical that they would like for themselves or will be giving as presents. Horsey of course. Lets say for realistic price on one hand and not so realistic on the other.
I for one more horse feed always, more rugs, not so realistic, yet another saddle.
As gifts to give ...Browbands, beautiful ones and time, offer to go feed up,or give or pay for a lesson.Or wash and trim their horse for them, or wash their horse rugs for them.The money gifts are nice but the thoughtful ones are great too.There are lots of things to think of when you think about it. Clean their gear, who has any ideas what they would like to get or give?
We have to lighten up its christmas its been a hard expensive year for all.

Autumn
03-12-03, 01:35 AM
CHRISTMAS ??? !!! Oh god, yes it here again lolol :-) I just LOVE books for presents and cant get enough of them. And videos - like books you can use them again and again. But then you can NEVER have too many saddle blankets (or rugs lol).

I noticed that some of the catalogues this year have lots more horsey collectable and ornamental things.

Anyway.......who can afford to buy christmas presents - just spent all my money at Equitana (but a new DVD/Video player would be just lovely).

Sonja
03-12-03, 01:48 AM
Well as per my post I am going to look at some leather top boots later this week, I am so excited and hopeful they will fit. I've wanted a pair for, ooh, only about 20 years now, so I guess it's not an impulse buy!...

melsy
03-12-03, 02:16 AM
I think that personalised saddle blankets are a great idea,
either have them embroidered, or use iron-on transfers. I think they are practical, and a touch more personal.
If it is for someone that you are related to only through horsey activities, then a simple donation of your time, followed by a christmas card is very thoughtful, and i am sure that the person on the resieveing end will be super appreciative

slim
03-12-03, 06:50 AM
I have received gift vouchers in the past which are great because you can go and choose something that you really need.

Sherin
03-12-03, 06:58 AM
I love to read too. I'd love the book about Seabiscuit. I already have Bev Buckingham's autobiography, but it would also make a good horsey xmas gift. Would dearly love one of Steve Jeffries' new saddles, but may as well dream on about that!

ROYAL PONY
03-12-03, 10:06 AM
Just some Crafty ideas:

Make a bib and embroide the horse's name on it

Make a Browband - (even if it is just for riding around town)

Make up a wash bucket, with Shampoo, sponge, comb, scraper, face towel etc

Just an idea.

Cheers
Pony
:-)