PDA

View Full Version : Did you see news story of Queen Eli

mickey
23-04-04, 04:01 AM
I always thought this the Queen as an equestrian and very horse wise with her horses and how she is presented. But did you notice in the photos on either side the two riders are wearing protective helmets and the Queen is only wearing a scarf. Not the right message do you think!

code45
23-04-04, 04:04 AM
Yes, indeed... she said she preferred the headscarf in the caption.

I guess she is the queen, she can do what she will!

Nice horses though...

melsy
23-04-04, 04:46 AM
On a brighter note i think it is fantastic that a 78 year old lady, whether she is the queen or not, is still riding

Autumn
23-04-04, 05:02 AM
Britian are not as 'thingy' as we are about helmets.

Johnnys Mum
24-04-04, 02:49 AM
Well, the Queen has NEVER worn a helmet - there was actually quite a furore about this a few years ago, but it all died down. I guess, as someone said - she is the Queen, and can do what she likes in that respect. Guess she hates the thought of "Helmet Hair" :-)

Anne and Zara have both competed at high level, and they have to wear the helmets while they do so, so guess they have got used to it.

primbelljoy
24-04-04, 08:08 AM
Yes it is probably not giving the right message , but I agree with the others, shes terrific,a wonderful horsewoman and a great ambassador for all things equine.Did all you note they were all mounted on coloured horses, I thought that was great too.
At her age and ability I would not like to be the one to tell her she must.I still hate them even though I know they are for my own good.

Johnnys Mum
24-04-04, 03:06 PM
You are quite right primbelljoy - think I might like to come back as one of the horses in her stable - OH! what a life hey!!! Horses have always been a large part of her life, and she is a bloody good rider - remember when she was side saddle - I think the last time she rode S/S in her birthday parade, and someone let off a shot - horse shied, but she kept her cool, and got the horse under control with barely a movement of the royal derierre in the saddle. Not one for hystrionics that lady.

Royalist or Republican, it's impossible not to respect her.