PDA

View Full Version : MELBOURNE THREE DAY EVENT

louis
13-06-04, 03:04 AM
ANYONE GOT ANY RESULTS FOR THE DRESSAGE AT MELBOURNE?????????????? COME ON CYBERHORSE, OR SURELY ADAM FAWCETT MUST HAVE SOME RESULTS. HELP ME OUT HERE PLEASE.

nikki
13-06-04, 12:20 PM
2 star- 1st Boyd Martin with Ying yang yo
2nd- stuart tinney with Vettori

3 star- i am pretty sure was will enzinger with Ace 11

just from memory!! but i could be wrong

no idea abou 1 star- didnt watch many of the tests

hope this helps

Julz
13-06-04, 01:56 PM
I've just looked at the 3DE results, and wow, where are the numbers?! The 2 and 3* classes dont have many riders! Is this because Sydney is coming up and other riders are os? But surely this isn't the only reason for not many compeditors. I thought the classes would be packed!

Adam Fawcett
14-06-04, 01:04 AM
>ANYONE GOT ANY RESULTS FOR THE DRESSAGE AT
>MELBOURNE?????????????? COME ON CYBERHORSE, OR SURELY ADAM
>FAWCETT MUST HAVE SOME RESULTS. HELP ME OUT HERE PLEASE.

Hi there,

The results from Day 2 have now been loaded up for you all.

Am a 2 hour drive from Werribee so have to head off shortly but I will briefly summarise some of the tests below before I head off...

1st - David Middleton & Warlord: They thoroughly deserved winning the dressage and in fact they were the very 1st combination to compete in the world cup field. The horse was just so relaxed and very consistent with every movement that was asked. He never really lost it anywhere during the test but kept chugging along, very forward.

2nd - I said in my preview that Claudia Graham & Diamond B Vogue should be considered dark horses and at least of day 1 of the competition they have managed to keep my opinions in tact! Another horse that was just very relaxed and forward and that did not lose it any where in the test. Diamond B Vogue, perhaps because of his show jumping background with Chris Chugg produced some wonderful flying changes too.

3rd - Sonja Johnson & Ringwould Jaguar: Jaguar was in great form yesterday, he produced some lovely canter work and was very relaxed indoors. Although they placed 3rd I would perhaps have put a few others before them but it was definately a top 10 test.

4th - David Middleton & WGEP Figjam: The star horse on the Vic circuit this year, although I expected a good test from the horse, I didn't think Figjam would do such a good test on his major debut! For such a young thing he sure has an exciting future, especially considering his strong point is his jumping ability, not his flatwork! The only thing that kept him from marking higher was a few losses of rythym, especially in the 1st trot extension and into both halts at X & A.

5th - Sammi McLeod & Black Odyssey: I think this pair did a ripper of a test that should have placed them 3rd. This horse can really trot and is a flashy mover with his legs, he reminded me of a black spider during his test because his legs just seemed so long and everywhere - in a good way.

That's all I've got time for now, Berni and I will there today busily taking photo's and notes for you.

I will post another report in this forum this evening from the CCI*** and CIC-W*** cross country.

Thanks,

Adam

Julz
14-06-04, 04:50 AM
Thanks Adam and Berni

Wyn
14-06-04, 10:03 AM
The Vic EFA are posting results - http://www.efavic.com.au/index.cgi?sID=15&intArticleID=1572&det=1

princessme
14-06-04, 03:17 PM
* Jess Rosen leading from her dressage on her mare. XC clear..
* cross country there weren't many mishaps...

** will enzinger did a nice test
** stuart tinney & the gorgeous grey Vettori.. appeared a little slow cross country however still jumps like a star..

*** David Middleton & Warlord: Leading from the start...
David Middleton & WGEP Figjam: i prefered this horses test however the
first horse was more accurate.

>5th - Sammi McLeod & Black Odyssey: again a nice test.

There wasn't much exciting happening cross country.
was a few falls but nothing tooo bad....
** water was a bit scary for a few horse & riders. a lot opted for the option..

Adam Fawcett
15-06-04, 12:00 AM
The results are now loaded in The Virtual Equestrian after cross country for all phases. As you will see Sonja Johnson has overtaken David Middleton with a double clear while David remains in 2nd and rising star Janelle Pitts has moved into 3rd place with a clear jumping and just 0.4 time cross country.

The scores a very close - the show jumping will be very interesting!