PDA

View Full Version : Good As Gold - Any Feedback

CateH
04-08-04, 11:19 AM
Hi - interested to hear the experiences of any CBH-ers with this product. I've got a horse that stresses at shows, and am thinking of using it.

Louise
05-08-04, 02:13 AM
Hi CateH, I think it's like any other product where you need to sample for yourself as every horse responds in their own way, to different feeds, additives & calming supps etc.
I did use this some time ago and remember mixing it into the breakfast feed about half hour before loading horse on to the float and I honestly think it did help. Although my horse is pretty quiet he just gets a little nervy and I found this day he didn't get the runs upon arrival. I think the trick is to make sure they have the supplement prior to leaving home before they get tense or nervy.

KLB
05-08-04, 02:28 PM
Hi Cate. If finally got myself a computer after moving from OVF over 2 and half years ago!!! The old user name of MIF was taken, probably by me and stuffed up somehow, so know I have gone to the very boring initials.

Getting to your question though - do you remember Trojan, the little chestnut arab of Jill's? She used to use Good As Gold before shows with her and it worked a treat. I think Troj had some the night before as well as some the morning of the show.

A friends horse down here is having issues with doing a dressage test and it was suggested to her to try some relaxen paste (not sure of the spelling), but we haven't tried it yet.

I am assuming this is for Storm - are you coming down to Albury for the Nationals next year?

Kimbo :)

R Craig
05-08-04, 09:42 PM
Cate, I think Tranquil paste is much more effective which is avaliable at saddleworld.
Cheers Abbey Angel

wazmons
08-08-04, 08:59 AM
I've used it with good results. It just seems to take the nervous edge off without making them dead. Maybe it's just a secuirty blanket for me ;-)

CateH
09-08-04, 01:44 PM
Nothin' wrong with that Wazmons :)