PDA

View Full Version : Horse people in Shepparton

Trish81
11-12-04, 09:39 AM
Hi,

i'm hoping there are some people on this forum from shepparton or surrounds that are members of any clubs. have recently moved to small town near shep and am interested in knowing what the local hrcav club is like. ie the competitiveness and friendlyness of the club. i just want to know what its like. or if there are any other clubs or the like around.

and one more thing - farriers in the area, who is good to use??

hope someone knows!

thanks

Trish :)

jfn15
11-12-04, 12:24 PM
Hello Trish. I'm not from Shep. but live about 45 mins away. There are quite a few ARCs around - some are geared more to those of us who like to get out and about to competitions etc., while others are more like social clubs for people who happen to like horses. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for. I believe Shepparton's club is fairly active.

Fish76
14-12-04, 05:22 AM
Hi Trish

I am in the Shepp HRCAV club. There's quite a few clubs in the area to choose from. Cobram-Barooga have a club and hold their rallies at the Sports club. They have a pretty good facilities. There are also two clubs in Echuca which are both very active. Benalla also has a great little club with access to a cross country course. So depending on where you are you should be able to get involved. Shepps pretty active and are having a summertime show in February followed by our two day competition in March which we run with Rich-River. We have just finished up for the year and won't be having another meeting until January. We have a fair few clinics and training days on the go so if you want more information email me on narelle@moggosborne.com.au, we have some email checker so if it bounces back you'll just have to send again to confirm, something like that, I don't really understand.

Also in shepp there's the adult riding club as well as the showjumping club. There's also a few other clubs in the district. It's quite a strong area for horse activites. So depending on your interests you should find a good club.

Cheers.