PDA

View Full Version : Does Bendigo have an adult riding c

urbula
02-02-05, 08:56 AM
I was thinking of joining an adult riding club this year and was wondering where I would be able to find details of an adult riding club in the Bendigo area?
Is there a website I can go to?
Any help would be great :)

Laura
02-02-05, 09:21 AM
There are (at least!) two in Bendigo. Ring the HRCAV office and they will give you the numbers. I recommend the Bendigo Family Equestrian Group as we see them out and about all the time and they are a fabulous bunch of girls, super friendly. (The other one is probably nice too, I just don't know any of them!)
The office number is 03 9877 0330 from 10 - 4 Monday to Friday, and the website is here:
http://www.hrcav.com.au/

urbula
02-02-05, 02:55 PM
Thanks laura.

acacia
05-02-05, 06:35 AM
There are lots in the area now - depends on where you are in relation to Bendigo.

There are 2 in Bendigo as Laura mentioned above...one at Castelmaine, a couple over near Echuca, one at Dunolly (towards Maryborough) and North Central ARC based at Charlton.

Get in touch with the HRCAV office - they are most helpful and would be able to point you in the direction of the nearest club. Good luck!

Sheridan
05-02-05, 12:06 PM
The one at Castlemaine, when I drove past recently, looks to have lots of nice little cross country fences in good repair.
The one in Longlea Lane, east of Bendigo doesn't have any jumps that you can see from the road. I have never been in the gate 'though. I have been told that the person who does the instructing there used to be in the Parelli system, but is no longer. I was also told, by someone who used to instruct around Bendigo, that the other club in Bendigo is more family oriented and they like to do trailrides. This information may, of course, be out of date. I have seen the contact details for these clubs listed on a Bendigo info or tourism type website along with other sporting clubs. Sorry, but I just can't find it at the moment.

urbula
05-02-05, 02:50 PM
Thanks sheridan.
I'm not to worried about the jumps (i'm a big sook and horse is only young). Longlea lane isn't very far from my place, so that's probably the one i'll go to.

horses4ever
06-02-05, 11:40 AM
Urbla both clubs are very good the Bendigo & District Family group do a lot of varied events from weekly bush rides throught to all the HRCAV days and are a strong club in Navigation rides and most other disaplines and the Longlea Lane club it would seem prefers the more the once a month rally as I am told so it would be well worth looking into both clubs for what one suits you the best
Let it ride