PDA

View Full Version : Sydneysiders??

Dragoness
23-06-05, 06:51 AM
Im driving to Taronga tomorrow and would like to know the best way to go. Ill be coming from the F3 freeway and know to turn left onto the Pacific highway. I have the directions from whereis.com, but I do know that these are sometimes a little wrong, and not being a city driver Im paranoid about getting lost.
Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Kilronan
23-06-05, 08:33 AM
all I can say is www.whereis.com.au
I allwayse get lost in the city GOOD LUCK (did the application get accepted??)

Dragoness
23-06-05, 08:51 AM
Not really, its a group assessment for all the applicants, so its not like they have picked mine out of the crowd. Im going for the experience to know what kinds of things they expect us to know etc.

Cheers

Caz
23-06-05, 08:55 AM
Follow the Pacific Hwy until you see a sign to Mosman/Manly which takes you left down Falcon St. Continue along this road as it turns into Military Rd and takes you through Neutral Bay, Cremorne, Spit Junction, Mosman Junction, etc. At the end of Mosman Junction you get to a roundabout, take Bradleys Head Rd which takes you to Taronga Zoo. If you get stuck behind a 247 bus, follow it. If not, it's not too hard.

Btw - there is a quicker way but this will probably be more fail safe if you feel you might get lost. At Spit Junction you can either go down Spit Rd (left) or Military Rd (straight ahead) - MAKE SURE you take Military Rd. By this stage there are signs.

Have fun!

Kilronan
23-06-05, 08:55 AM
Good luck Email me and tell me how it goes OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caz
23-06-05, 08:56 AM
What's it for? A keeper job?

Dragoness
25-06-05, 02:58 AM
Thanks Caz, though I didnt get this til today, and I was at the zoo yest.... lol

However the way you directed is the exact way I went, got there and home (through peak hour, yuck!) safely and without getting lost. Whereis gave totally bogus directions, well, it would have gotten me there, but for some reason, it told me to turn off the highway, take all these other roads, then get back on the highway a little further up....
oh, and yeah, it was for a job (kinda) I thought it was good that I got called to an interview, but then over 50 people turned up, so Im not too hopeful... lol

Cheers