PDA

View Full Version : "Rollkur" - what exactly does it e

tolai
25-06-05, 07:24 AM
I have been following the other post with interest, and I missed seeing the other website before it was removed. What exactly is Rollkur, and what is the relevance to draw reins (mentioned on another site). Is it a new thing?

tiffany
25-06-05, 07:42 AM
It's literal German to English translation is - Rolling Cure!
And after having read ALL the comments on the forums I would not be game to try to give an accurate description of what that might mean!!

tolai
25-06-05, 07:54 AM
Yes......I was a little scared to bring up the subject again, but I would like a clear description of what it entails but the other post on Rollkur got a bit 'hissy' and I couldn't follow the concept. I can see it has created much controversy, but I don't know much about it and would be interested in finding out more. BTW I am not making a judgement on it, or planning to use it myself LOL!

samieventer
25-06-05, 07:59 AM
I will have to rummage through my old horse mags, I remember Anky and Sjev writing an article on it a few years back and after all the controversy would love to see their opinion on it and how it benefits their training. I do remember it being heavily criticised by other riders over there.

CM
26-06-05, 04:07 AM
Check out the Ultimate Dressage site and do a search - there are thousands of references and vigorous debates on rollkur there.