PDA

View Full Version : Unicorn floats

denver_boy
12-09-05, 10:31 AM
Hi everyone, im posting this for a friend who was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Unicorn floats (a SA company). Any info - good or bad, appreciated.
Thanks

Dee
13-09-05, 01:38 AM
I was in the market for a float a couple of years ago, and contacted Unicorn for brochures and prices, as I was particularly in their floats. I was not impressed with them at the time because thay did not even bother to return my calls or send information.
I was not tyre kicking and did go on to purchase an extended float with tack boxes, etc from another company.
Dee

Kia
13-09-05, 02:14 AM
I had a similar experience quite recently. I was impressed with what I saw on their website and phoned them for a quote. They seemed reluctant to make a float with extra width, which is what I need, but said they would email me a quote. It never arrived, and given their attitude I didn't pursue it.

pooperscooper
13-09-05, 08:14 AM
I can't comment first hand on purchasing a Unicorn float, however I have my float serviced regularly by Wayne Collins (the owner of Unicorn) and have always found him very friendly, helpful and honest, just a little busy! I do know several very happy customers of Wayne's floats. They certainly are made very well and stand up to any weather (my friend keeps hers outside and it still looks as good as new three winters on). I know I will definately be purchasing a Unicorn when I'm eventually in the market to upgrade.