PDA

View Full Version : Tragic end to search for missing pa

Bowerbird
14-09-05, 01:15 PM
Hi everyone,
I just want to clear up a few things that are mentioned on the post re the missing paint horse filly.

Her body was found drowned in a creek which ran through the paddock she was in, and also ran through adjacent paddocks.

It appears that Ellie has gone wandering into the adjacent paddock via the creek. Here she has become tangled in a horrendous amount of reeds and drowned. Her body was not found for some time until the water in the creek subsided due to lack of rain.

This is nothing more than a tragic accident. However everyone can now move on knowing that the horse has drowned and not been stolen etc etc.

Some comments on this thread appear to be insensitive, please remember that the owners of this horse read these threads and they have gone through enough tragedy without having to read commments made by people such as 'how can a horse drown in a piddly little creek at Badgerys Creek' etc etc.

The creek that she drowned in was very deep. The owners of this horse even had the creek searched by divers, obviously this was something that was missed, perhaps because Ellie was not in the part of the creek that was searched.

As I have said, this is a tragic accident. There is nothing suspicious going on. Gail and Paul are very good friends of mine, and I have previously agisted my horse with them and they look after all their horses in a very professional and caring manner.

I know of horses that have drowned in dams, I also know stories of people who have put their supposedly healthy horses in a stable for a night and gone out the next morning to find the horse dead. These things happen, we can only be as careful as we can, unfortunately some things in life we have no control over.

I wish to thank everyone who has supported Gail and Paul in their search for Ellie, and everyone who has posted such kindness on these threads.

I am sure, in time, that Gail and Paul will answer any questions that anyone may have in relation to this matter, however please be a bit more thoughtful and sensitive on these threads, and remember that at the end of the day we all have something in common, and that is our love for horses. Ellie was truly a beautiful filly who touched many peoples hearts, lets remember her that way.

Thanks everyone,
Bowerbird.

gg_vice
14-09-05, 01:19 PM
Thanks Bowerbird for clearing things up. Its a very sad thing to happen :-(

CateH
14-09-05, 01:34 PM
"Lord, give me chastity and continence; but not yet". St. Augustine

Oh dear :'( I'm so sorry to hear about this tragic end to the story.

I guess while we all thought she'd been nicked, we could hope she'd be recovered. Alas that's not to be, and as Bowerbird said, its through no fault of the owners. Horses can, and will, defeat our best efforts to cocoon them; we can only hope that they'll do well with our help, not guarantee it. VALE Ellie :(

rem6
14-09-05, 02:05 PM
thanks for filling us in. I had often wondered what had happened and have deep sympathy for her owners as she was obviously much loved.
It is amazing to see unloved and neglected horses in salvation jane paddocks and sagging barbed wire fences defy the odds and remain well and unharmed while others that we pamper can hurt themselves in near perfect conditions.
rem6

MandyE
14-09-05, 03:58 PM
Oh, that is just such tragic news. I really feel for the owners, having bred my own very special ones I know how much she meant to them. Please pass on our condolences at this very sad loss :-(

Mandy

sarah27
15-09-05, 03:11 AM
Very sad news. I had been watching the post and had hoped that she would be returned, sadly this did not happen. I did not know your horse but I shed a tear for her and for you. You did all that you could. Sarah

Bowerbird
15-09-05, 08:27 AM
Thanks everyone, it's wonderful that strangers can unite during such tragedy, I only hope that Gail and Paul can move on.

Bowerbird