PDA

View Full Version : Natrazol comments wanted

samieventer
02-11-05, 04:32 AM
Has anyone used natrazol for topline and muscle development?

If so what were your experiences/comments on its effectiveness.

Do I need to continue to feed it forever to maintain toplie or can i feed it every few days once established?

pauper
02-11-05, 10:45 AM
Hi Sami eventer
have not heard of this product but was always told the only way to get good topline was exercise and to maintain it this way, will do a search on this product see what comes up.
I do have a question for you (hope you dont mind) daughter did horse trials the other day and was asked to step aside at one jump, as faster rider was coming though then had to wait at another jump as the rider before her was having trouble in the water jump but both times she recieved time penalties and it was not noted on her sheet by the jump judges nor would they look at a video that we had taken, i have jump judged myself and have not heard of this happening before, have you?
by penalising the rider for stepping aside i would think that would make riders go though even if it put someone else in danger, What do you think? sorry about waffling just peed off and as your a eventer thought you might know the exact rules
Thanks Pauper

pauper
02-11-05, 10:58 AM
Hi its me again
i did a search for natrazol but could only find that you need a permit for it, sorry i wasn't any help
Hope someone else knows more
Pauper

ACE
02-11-05, 12:24 PM
hey pauper
In regards to your question regarding eventing rules , the rider must give way to the faster rider, so in your first instance your daughter had to give way, however in the second instance the rider having trouble should have pulled off the fence and allowed your daughter right of way and you should have been able to protest this.
Cheers and I hope Sami eventer I am not treading on your cyber toes. I am sitting here all lonely because all my friends got the day off work to celebrate melbourne cup and I had to work.......

pauper
02-11-05, 01:28 PM
Thank you for your answer Ace, i understand that rider must give way but i think its wrong to penalise a rider for this, am in the process of sending letter of complaint to club invoved
Sorry for hijacking your post Samieventer will be speaking to a friend tommorrow whos a vet nurse so will ask her if she has heard of
natrazol
Cheers Pauper

samieventer
03-11-05, 12:29 AM
Thats Ok, Unfortunately they only take your time to deduct from your final time if you are held up on course due to a fall or accident where the fence is obstructed. In the first instance it was fair for them to ask your daughter to stand aside but in the second, the other rider due to having difficulty should have been asked to move aside and give your daughter a fair chance to approach the fence.

In the future if this is to happen get your daughter to shout out horse coming through, this is completely allowed and makes everyone aware that you are coming and mean business.

The reason I was asking regarding Natrazol I think its by equipharm is my horse is lacking a little weight, she gets consistent work 4-5 days a week and a lot of dressage to build her topline, but she is very slim built and with just feeding up grows a belly and no fat on her back, I have had a few people recomment natrazol and I wanted to make sure its not going to send her crazy or anything, she is finally going well XC and I dont want to do anything that may make her change her mind about XC beig fun and not spooky.

kiwigirl82
03-11-05, 12:44 AM
my friend works for naturevet and has just got a new horse. i thought he was WB X but he is TB.....thanks to natrazol forte. i've just started my horse on it so can let you know in a couple of weeks. she has recommended 2 scoops a day for the first 2 weeks then just one a day after that.

LB
03-11-05, 01:16 AM
We feed it to our show horses when they are in work. If weight increase is also the objective, combine with another NatureVet product called Thrive. Natrazol is beneficial only while the horse is in full work.

Natrozol is a derivative of rice bran oil, chromium and an amino acid - all natural products that are believed to increase muscle mass and endurance (somewhat similar in effect to anabolic steroids but without the "drugging" issues)

We have had excellent results and it is certainly not heating.

Seraphim
03-11-05, 01:23 AM
I am that friend that works at Nature Vet with the WBx lookalike! I know you too Sammieventer! Here is a little bit of info for all of you on Natrozol and Natrozol Forte: It dose not contain any anabolic steriods which means you are safe to use it thoughout compertition.It contains only nutritional substances which have a positive effect on muscle conditioning. It contains GAMMA ORYZANOL which is extracted from rice bran oil. It has sighnificant effects on weight gain, particularly lean muscle mass. In addition to the effect on muscle size and strengh,human athletes report less fatigue and reduced post exersise muscle soreness.It is also said to help sooth the effect of Ulcers therefor increasing the horses appitite.CHROMIUM PICOLINATEN is also in Natrozol it's job is too increase muscle weight gain amd decreased body fat. Lastly CREATINE CITRATE is used to fuel the muscle and help prevent lactic acid build up.You can buY Natrozol Forte from most saddlerys and feed stores etc, if they don't have it they will be able to order it for you. If you need any more advice you can call Nature Vet on 1800 624 174 you will be put through to me or our team of vets.Hope this helps.

samieventer
03-11-05, 03:10 AM
Thanks for that guys, im gettig some today for sure.

CM
03-11-05, 05:25 AM
I give my young WB Natrozol. I think it's a great product, and has helped him change from an adolescent weedy looking baby into a more appropriate build for his age, stage of development and type. It's is obvious that you can't just feed something to build muscle in certain areas, nor can you do specific exercises just to build a certain part of the topline. Good, correct work with the horse working in rhythm, over the back, becoming straight and engaging the hinquarters, will build the topline. Supplements like Natrozol, just speed up the development of the muscles being worked.