PDA

View Full Version : Windswept syndrome

as41
10-12-05, 05:08 AM
I was wondering if anyone can tell me their experience with windswept foals. How bad was it. Waht did you do about it? was it successful. Can they grow out of it ? etc...

seri
10-12-05, 01:17 PM
If you go to page three in the forums there is something about another person having this problem posted by kangabee. I have only seen it once and the foal grew out of it in a couple weeks and was standing up straight, than I saw it as a weanling you would not know it was the same horse, nothing was done to this foal it just grew out of it.I belive on the other thread there is more to it these days,go there and have a look.

SERI

shaiarabs
10-12-05, 04:01 PM
Depends on if its a true windswept or if the legs are just way off. If legs are just way off they will be fine. But a true windswept has a misallined(sp) spine and do manage to grow up but can also breed it on.

Liesl

"Words that soak into your ears are whispered ..... not yelled!"

jr1411
11-12-05, 04:00 AM
My 3 month old ,very big, WB foal was quite windswept in the hind legs, also excessively bent in the hocks. She was kept in a small yard for 4 weeks and was so improved we put her in the paddock, still a little sweeping , more weak, behind. Is now huge, normal and very powerful behind.