PDA

View Full Version : Sort of newbie

_GRENDEL_
20-12-05, 08:13 AM
I've been lurking for ages but thought it about time I say hello. I live in the Yarra Valley with my beautiful mare & dogs. Haven't ridden for quite a while due to ill health but hold out the hope of riding again someday. I bred my mare & couldn't bear the thought of selling her, I'll have her forever whether I ride her or not. I had her son as well until fairly recently, I had to have him put down as he started having fits. I am still heartbroken about it. He had a terrible end I just cant seem to get over. He was only 12.
Almost 10 years ago now I traveled on a section of the Bicentennial National Trail with my (then) 2 horses. We covered a bit over 600ks. Hardest thing I've ever done & my horses were brilliant. I still feel proud of them when I think back to it.
thats about it

Linda

simigirl75
20-12-05, 09:39 AM
Welcome Linda

It sounds like you will be an interesting poster to hear from. I don't think you will ever get over losing your young gelding. I saved a young filly years ago to then lose her to a tragic accident. I felt so guilty and sickened by it for a long time. I will never forget it but will embrace the positives I did provide for the young filly. Let's think of them now galloping in the high above green grassy clouds ;). Seriously though it sounds like you had such an adventure with them on the Bicentennial Trial ride. Wonderful memories I am sure.
I have an anglo mare and just got a SB given to my partner who is a novice. I haven't been that well lately so haven't been riding much and I had a break on and off from horses but I plan to change that next year. I am going to join a new local endurance club and when I am not doing shiftwork I want to go on some of the smaller rides. Well this is the plan so far lets hope it actually works out.
Anyway like I said previously welcome :)

Simone

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/simigirl75/anixmasfox.gif

Simone ~God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses ~

macrannoch
20-12-05, 02:30 PM
Welcome Grendel,

I too know what it is like to have to have a horse put down, I had a 6-year-old mare that I got straight from the track as a 2 1/2YO, she was and still is the best horse I have ever owned, the most educationally responsive, and such a loving forgiving nature, to this day I still miss her and think of the what ifs, but in the end it was the best for her.

I look forward to reading more form you soon; I would love to know more about your rides. I am also in the Yarra Valley Area,