PDA

View Full Version : Spruce up for AG show?

rosco
03-03-06, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone, i'm showing my 13 mth old filly in a couple of weeks and wanted to know what everyone's tips are for a glossy coat. She already has a lovely coat but just wanted to add abit more shine to it. I put her cotton flag on today but i'm worried about cover rub so i might take it back off again. Is it frowned upon to show up with a horse with cover rub? Also she's got a few scratches where she's been disagreeing with the fence..will i get marked down for that too? and....last but not least... in a lead class are the horses plaited up?
Oooh ohh, almost forgot... what's the best stuff to blacken hooves?
So many questions...so little time:D

Cheers
Rosco

squid hill
04-03-06, 01:18 AM
If you are going to show her she needs to be rugged. Nothing worse than a sun bleached coat that is dry.

I use a product called ULTRA. It comes in a purple coloured spray can, get it from most saddleries. It will put a mirror shine on and makes tails really special. My pallies tail sparkles silver with it.

I use Joseph Lydy black it on feet. I have also used absorbine hoof black which I feel is far superior, but boy is it expensive. Only comes out at big shows.
You can get the same result with black it and if you let it dry then spray hair spray over it, you will see yourface in it.

good luck