PDA

View Full Version : wintec western saddles

rosco
26-04-06, 01:53 PM
Hi all, can anyone tell me if the Wintec western saddles come with the changable gullet system. I was told that they did and Wintec claim that ALL their saddles have the changable gullet.

The reason I ask is that i have a Status which is exactly the same as a Wintec and thought i may be able to use the gullet system on it. My boy needs a narrow gullet.

Cheers
Toni

"If I've told you once I've told you a million times...don't exaggerate!!"

pauper
26-04-06, 01:59 PM
Not sure will check in a sec for you Rosco, but more important are you okay?

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE!

pauper
26-04-06, 02:09 PM
Hmmm in my big book of everything it says wintec western all rounder also comes in wide gullet but does not state changeable gullet! wouldn't think the status gullets are interchangeable with the wintecs

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE!

rosco
26-04-06, 02:16 PM
Thanks for checking Pauper.

And i'm okay thanks, I'm just feeling sorry for myself! I don't suppose you could email me through some chocolate?

;-)
Toni

"If I've told you once I've told you a million times...don't exaggerate!!"

fire_ball
26-04-06, 02:39 PM
Erm, I don't think that the Western saddles have the interchangeable gullet - though I could be wrong! I think the Stock saddle does, but I'm pretty sure the Western does not... Still, worth checking out. They are comfy saddles, and mine keeps getting "stolen".

Mel

OakyPoke
27-04-06, 05:07 AM
You dont have a gullet on a western saddle, its one solid piece of tree, unlike your english saddles.

Check out their so called 'wide' fit saddle though, I bought one when my horse was 2yo and it didnt fit him then. (QH often dont round out over the shoulders till 5 or 6yo) I later found out that they dont fit many western horses at all. They are too 'thin' and suit your t'breds etc better.

I have tried english saddles on my horse who is now 6 and he takes extra wide if that's any help.

OakyPoke

epsonite
27-04-06, 06:31 AM
Hey OakyPoke, don't want to hijack the thread but can you tell me what brand of 'extra wide' saddle you use. We've just had the vet up to see our horse who's back is sore and it's from his saddle. He's very wide but also quite shortbacked, mostly QH. We thought perhaps a western saddle would be best for him but she said she thinks a western saddle's going to be too long for his short back. Is yours just a wide AP?

OakyPoke
27-04-06, 07:22 AM
Actually, after trying every saddle off the rack known to man, I had Rick Meredith from Narellan, NSW come out, measure us up and make me something to fit Pony AND me. Its 7/8 rigged reining seat with ARAB bars (extra short) as my horse is WIIIDE but his shoulderblades are set far back, so rather than have the whole thing sit too far back, the bars (or lenght of tree that sits parallel to horse) is shorter. Its pretty much normal width for a QH although I cant remember for the life of me what they call that.
Oaky POke