PDA

View Full Version : Equine Dentists in the Bathurst are

Ruby
16-06-06, 06:23 AM
Hi All,

I was just wondering which dentist horsie people who live around Bathurst NSW use?

I know that some come into the area periodically, has anyone know of a scheduled visit coming up? Perhaps I could book for the same time.

Does your dentist use power tools? Sedation? DO they work "with" a particular vet?

cheers
R

Eicyng
16-06-06, 11:33 AM
Im in the same local area & also looking for a real equine dentist.
Our vet down here is next to useless & I wont have him on our place.
If you find anyone give me a yell..... I have a few horses that are due to be done.
Cheers

gladydad
16-06-06, 11:51 AM
I know of one guy that goes around that area. Arab stud friends in Cowra used him, Wilbur Thornberry, but I don't know his number or how to get in contact with him. He is extremely good and he does use power tools and sedative. He brings his own sedative which I think he gets off his vet and he administers it himself. I know that he also know a bit about Chiropracting as he wouldn't do two of the horses booked in at the stud the last time he visited because they were 'out' and in need of a chiropractor. He told us where they were out and how it was affecting their teeth. He is the first dentist I've seen use power tools. I didn't have my girl done out there because we had other horses in more need of it. He also gives you a page of diagrams and notes on what he has done. He is very very good and if he came to Canberra and I could afford it I'd have him to my girl but he'd have to dope her till she couldn't stand because just the sight of him would send her silly (doesn't like strangers and particularly men with stuff in their hands - even me sometimes).

Ruby
17-06-06, 01:35 AM
Thanks for your replies. Anybody else from the central tablelands?

I picked up a business card for Len Dixon from one of the local saddleries once years ago, but I understand he lives in Tassie.

Another one I've heard of is John Ingersole who apparently lives in the Hawkesbury area but does travel.

Ahh...the search continues

Candy
17-06-06, 01:45 AM
Eicyng I'm in this area and am interested in which vet hasn't been any good.
Thanks

Ruby
18-06-06, 11:59 PM
Bump...sorry .....Any Bathurstians out there ??

Candy
20-06-06, 02:21 AM
Ruby I live close to Bathurst, work in Bathurst.

NYPPER
20-06-06, 02:43 AM
Just a note here:

In some States the use of sedatives is restricted to registered vets, so it is best to check this first with your State Department of Agriculture to protect the welfare of your horse. Vets are accountable for their treatment under the Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board in each State. Dentists are not registered, so word of mouth is usually the best way to find a reputable one.