PDA

View Full Version : EFA Intro & Level 1 Reference Books

HedgeWitch
11-10-06, 05:49 AM
Having to do this course via the long way i.e. no horse and doing it via correspondence. I was wondering what books people use as reference tools.

Also I was wondering what people consider their horse bible and why they feel it is a must have in their library.

Some of my absolute must haves in my library are:

Veterinary Notes for Horse Owners (who canít do without this).

A-Z of Horse Disease and Injuries (saves endless hours of looking through VN4HO for symptoms etc, once found in this book I look up the in depth details in VN4HO).

Riding Logic (this has been my bible for years and years, I think mostly because for years I could find nothing else like it).

101 Schooling Exercised for Horse and Rider (has opened up a whole new way of stimulating my arena work when I do ride and it has also helped me understand the mechanics behind some movements, and why they are done the way they are done).

Hedgy

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ ďWOO HOO what a ride!"

scooti
11-10-06, 06:24 AM
I just bought the Principles of Riding. Came in the post yesterday. Yay.