PDA

View Full Version : RIP Milo

Hails
31-12-06, 04:49 PM
Last night during the huge electrical storm a lovely little colt being agisted where my horses are got struck by lighning and killed.

RIP milo...your short 18 months on this earth will never be forgotten.

Tully
31-12-06, 05:11 PM
Oh,poor little fella,what bad luck.Condolences to those who loved him.
Life is just not fair sometimes.

ceehorse
01-01-07, 02:47 AM
I'm so sorry what a terrible thing r.i.p Milowww.coolwaterarabians.piczo.com

shimmyshake
01-01-07, 04:32 AM
That's teerrible news Hails. Was he shod?

RIP Milo

mickey
01-01-07, 05:40 AM
Sometimes nature can be so cruel.I feel very sorry for the owners and also the other horses who themselves would of witness the lightning strike it would of been terrifying for them. RIP Milo. You must of been too special to stay here with us.

Hails
01-01-07, 11:02 AM
He was unshod. And i found out that he was only about 13 or 14 months old too. Poor little guy. He was the friendliest little man.

My mare is paddocked next to him so she would have witnessed it all. It so easily could of been her. Im am so grateful that it wasnt her but i cant help but think...why him.. he was so young and my mare is in her 20's and has had a great life. Mickey i agree...he was too special to stay with us. He has a greater role now somewhere else.

He was killed instantly. He literally died standing up and fell straight over on his side with all 4 legs extended in the standing position. Left 2 burn marks on the ground where his front feet were. It is so so sad.

RIP Milo.

elfindigital
01-01-07, 11:50 AM
My Condolences for Milo,

How sad. What part of Australia are you from?

Kind regards

Kelly Newman
http://www.ozshowdogs.com/

Hails
01-01-07, 11:58 AM
SA.
aparently 8 horses were stuck during the storms we had here.

You hear of horses being stuck but you just dont think it will happen. of all the things to stike why choose little Milo??? we will never know the answer. It was just his time.

gallop to the rainbow bridge little man.

Werdun
01-01-07, 02:45 PM
Yep...we had electrical storms here for 24 hours straight and some pretty serious light shows.

I've met a horse who was struck by lightning and survived. As if someone took a giant ice cream scoop and scooped all the muscle off her shoulder. She is lame on it of course, but is a wonderful broody. Amazing that she lived.

Katherine
www.freewebs.com/werdun

"A ship in the harbour is safe...but that is not what ships are built for."

christinedaae85
02-01-07, 11:04 AM
That is so so sad. RIP Milo :( Such a tragic story

I was petrified during that storm..I have this massive fear that our stables are going to get hit by lightning, or the near by paddocks are and it is going to start a fire. I panic George is going to get hit too (even though he is in a stable and day yard).
Does any one know how common it is for horses to be hit?

Hails
03-01-07, 05:57 AM
well i have heard of it happening. A friends horse got hit a few years back but other than milo i dont personally know of any others. But like i said, there were 8 hit during this storm so it must be fairly common.
Stables are usually ok as long as they have an earthing wire attached (like a house.)

Funkbunny
03-01-07, 06:15 AM
What a terrible thing to happen.

My condolances to all involved

TM

Poverty is owning a horse... I like being bankrupt which is why I own two....
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r215/funkbunny101/Rorey.jpg

pauper
03-01-07, 06:20 AM
Thats horrible Hails :-( , my condolences to the owner!

I'm to blessed, to be stressed!