PDA

View Full Version : I hate Groom buckets

Ritchie
07-01-07, 02:51 PM
Whats with these bl##dy buckets. I spent a good 1/2 an hour trying to get one open tonight! After using a hoof pick, finger (breaking a nail, and I'm pretty sure my finger too), screwdriver, file, hammer (whack the c**p out of the lid) steak knife (stab holes in the rotten lid) and finally using a hacksaw (to cut the bas**rd off) I did it! however I now have a none sealing bucket and lid (lid kinda in pieces, what with the stab holes, dents from hammer and cuts from saw)

Great product, lasts for ages (cause you can't get into it) but I wish they had a rethink about the packaging!!

Hails
07-01-07, 03:00 PM
totally agree...the buckets SUCK.
If anyone works for the company, pass on this message.......Fix the damn lids so people can open them without breaking their fingers off.

:-)

outback
07-01-07, 03:07 PM
I'm with you buckets are s**t ,product is great , my horses all look a million bucks on it , and it is fairly economical.

Crusader
07-01-07, 03:08 PM
I just cry to any male in sight to open them. I'm a sad case. But then again, I'm convinced if I ever move out on my own, I'll have a shelf dedicated to things I can't open.

Ritchie
07-01-07, 03:14 PM
OK can anyone that has ever lost their temper (or fingers) to Groom buckets or has just sat down and cried after spending the best part of an hour trying to stab a hole in one please, please email th egood people at Barastoc to let them know that their product is somewhat difficult to get into. Heres the email addy!! enquiries@ridley.com.au <enquiries@ridley.com.au>

Hails
07-01-07, 03:29 PM
Done... lets see if i get a reply lol

Suzie Q
07-01-07, 03:31 PM
This subject rings a bell. I'm sure it has been discussed before and someone came up with a procedure of what works.

I'm afraid I can't remember what it was.

Nicko
07-01-07, 03:46 PM
Now ladies, if they used lids that let it go stale you would get upset I guess. Put both thumbs on the inside of the lip on the lid, use the other 8 fingers to roll the lid off. Hard to explain. Sort of push down with your thumbs while you pull up and roll with your fingers.

travers
08-01-07, 02:45 AM
Yep, we did this once before. I switched to feramo. Couldn't cope any longer.
(though I still use the empty Groom buckets for just about everything!)
Ritchie you can buy it in bags too!

Fi Fi
08-01-07, 04:03 AM
Dreadful things! I was almost reduced to tears of frustration the first time I opened one. But - I might have stumbled on the secret. As you are trying to peel off the lid with one hand, push down firmly on the middle of the lid with the heel of your other hand. It seems to break the vacuum and the lid comes off.

ally2
08-01-07, 05:16 AM
go to the shed when a male of the species is around - reappear with the chainsaw even give a few revs if needed - for some reason this always fires up the male ego & like magic the lid is removed with finger nails intact

simron
09-01-07, 06:20 AM
Ok I know how!!! With one knee, kneel down quite hard about 8cms from rim of bucket. At the rim, lift up with your fingers. Keep working/repeating around the bucket rim. It's not that hard! Don't forget to remove the sealing strip beforehand! I love Groom; horses are looking great!

Rosemoor Park
09-01-07, 08:36 AM
ritchie... I just did that yesterday!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest you put one foot on the bucket & apply pressure to one side of the lid.

CRISP
09-01-07, 08:43 AM
am i blonde ???
up to reading Nicko's post, I thought you were talking about buckets that you keep your brushes in !!! :P

Rosemoor Park
09-01-07, 08:48 AM
no I am!

same here!... & I bought the stuff yesterday! & struggled opening it.

tramp.

Suzie Q
09-01-07, 08:50 AM
http://giddyuppals.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif Thanks Crisp!!!

dragonet
09-01-07, 09:27 AM
It's okay I'm a pretend blonde and I thought the same. Took a while to work out its a product and not storage for grooming equipment *L*.

Rosemoor Park
09-01-07, 09:30 AM
tis ok Dragonet, its the peroxide seeping into our brains.

}>

redsilktiffany
09-01-07, 04:43 PM
Geez you lot will never learn I will email the manufacturers and tell them to put a how to open on the bucket.

YOU SIT OR STAND ON THE BUCKET...SITTING IS EASIER AND WITH 2 HANDS JUST OPEN IT! EASY AS ONCE YOU KNOW HOW.

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.

DB
09-01-07, 05:30 PM
Tee heee, hilarious listening to you lot.... I've never had a problem, but went down the other day (cos I lurve the stuff) and the teenage RugRat had despaired of getting it open, so she'd got the Stanley Trimmer and cut a big smiley mouth in the lid - so now we feed Happy Dry Goom!!!