PDA

View Full Version : belly bars and riding - NH (well ki

demia
17-01-07, 03:27 AM
I have had my belly pierced for about 2 yrs now, and was wondering if anyone else that rides finds them really hard to look after or is it just me. Have no problem with infection and the like, but find that it is always a bit sore/bleeding after I ride. Has anyone else found this to be the case ? Was a bit of a spur of the moment thing, and as much as I like it, am thinking about taking it out for good.

Snoozie
17-01-07, 03:30 AM
I have mine done too and i find what happens to me is it almost gets pushed up to the top of the hole and is very sore when I finish riding generally. It's never bled but has been very red and sore.

regalrendezvous
17-01-07, 03:31 AM
Kathryn never has an issue. She has had hers done for alost 4 yrs now.

Take it out if it is causing you problems, it might affect each person differently.

Are you going to the twilight? When is it by the way?

Regal

demia
17-01-07, 03:34 AM
Yeah going to twilight... its on not this weekend, but the next - on sunday the 28th Jan 3.30pm. The program is on emmas.
Snoozie, have you found riding in a ring helps at all ? Am thinking maybe my bar is too big/long, and so it keeps rubbing. Rach, what does Kathryn ride in (bar/ring) ?
oh n snoozie... the bit will be sent off first thing tmw morning.. my day off :)

Dragoness
17-01-07, 03:35 AM
I took mine out a few years ago when they started going out of fashion. it used to get caught on things all the time and was sore about 80% of the time. I dont like them much anymore and definately dont regret removing it.

Regal, are you talking about the HV twilight show? This Sat? Im thinking about taking my young girl. Hva enever shown before (Im a big tough eventer, lol) so should be good for a laugh (Ill be the one wandering around with a vague look on her face with no clue where to go or what to do)

Cheers

regalrendezvous
17-01-07, 03:37 AM
A bar, she only has bars.

I might take Regal then, Kathryn will deff be talking midas. How high are ur joddies?

Or is it the shirt that rubs?

Regal

Lisa an Gypsie
17-01-07, 03:42 AM
I ride in mine no problem :) I like it, mine's a small one though (bar) and it doens't have huge ends on it. I ride in hipster joddies, but I have found my show joddies press on it, same with high waisted jeans etc, I just don't wear stuff that hurt it.

Funny cause the only time it sees daylight is when I'm swimming....waste of time having it there, but I like it so it stays :)

Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/Lisaangypsie/signature.jpg

regalrendezvous
17-01-07, 03:45 AM
No i was talking about the st ives show. My horse is an eventer. He once went hacking in 2005...an experience i'm not sure i want to repete. He was very scared!

But i'm thinking about giving st ives a go! :S

Oh i have no idea either. I took the pony hacking i just didn't take it seriously and it was great fun! (I did get a first but it was in the consolation class *doh!* hehe)

Regal

deelee
17-01-07, 03:51 AM
I have had mine for about 12 years now. When I first started riding again I had problems with it getting infected. I found some johds that don't rest on it when I ride and I don't have any probs with it now. I do keep saline solution at home (contact leanse cleaner) and give it a wash after I have been riding. Don't know about everyone else but I always come home filthy (even where my clothes have been!).

Snoozie
17-01-07, 03:53 AM
I haven't tried a ring...I've had the same bar since I stupidly allowed my (back then training to pierce friend) use me as a guinea pig. :P

I think it has a lot to do with the length of bar...Mine is quite long and has alot of movement up and down so when I am riding it sits in deeper in belly button and gets pushed up so alot is sticking out from the top of the hole...That's the best way I can describe it anyway lol.

P.S. Ta for the update on the bit

demia
17-01-07, 04:08 AM
haha fair enough snoozie - a friend of mine had hers done in a religion class in yr 11 using a book and a safety pin :)
and rach.... haha me wear joddies.... thats funny. I always ride in jeans or trackkies, apart from my show joddies.. which are hipsters. And my jeans aren't the high waisted kind either :P Neways, shall see you at st ives - you will get to meet princess... dont think bailie will be going.
Am thinking that its prob due to the fact that my bar is about half a cm too long.... this is a bit of a wierd qu, but is it normal for the amount of pierced skin to 'shrink' - or does it mean that it is 'growing out ' ?
thanks for everyones help.

Lisa an Gypsie
17-01-07, 04:38 AM
yep it does shrink, when you first get it done they give you a 10mm bar and then you are supposed to change down to an 8mm once it has shrunk, I have had mine for 4 yrs now

Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/Lisaangypsie/signature.jpg

regalrendezvous
17-01-07, 04:46 AM
I was just windering if you were a harry hight pants or not. I have a pair of show joddies that COME UP TO MY BOOBS! Needless to say i have worn them once!

Ohh i can't wait to meet princess, oh you will get to meet the orange goose (if i decide to take him :P )

Regal

annieat4444
17-01-07, 05:01 AM
Hi I have a ring, try not to let the joddie top sit on the belly ring/bar as it will cause it to become red.

sageequestrian
17-01-07, 06:07 PM
Hello, I havnt got one but a girl I used to go to ponyclub with had one that got ripped out when she went over a junp one day.

Big ouch :(